Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Will we see the FSD button in June?

Will we see the button in June in the U.S.?

• Yes

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 84 45.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • Everywhere it is allowed

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • Sometime in 2022

Votes: 25 13.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DanCar

Oct 2, 2013
SF Bay Area
It sounds like he's trying to tie this V9.0 with the FSD subscription, but like the holiday update, I don't think it'll get released in the same window. (I'm pretty sure that enlarged window of what the car sees was suppose to be view-only FSD, but they decided to leave it out, which makes it look half-ass).

FSD subscription first with limited capability, they'll work on the 9's until late this year at the least.

BTW I see everything as glass half empty.

Within good reason, AT LEAST GIVE US SOME BETA FSD FEATURES?!?!!?? It’s not that much of an ask?? It’s been almost a year, since the “latest” functionality us non YouTube/instagram posters got, that being “traffic control” “function”. ($hitty “summon” doesn’t count).
I’ll die a somewhat happy man if you give me:
AutoSteer on unmarked roads with the ability to navigate around stationary objects like: cars/trucks/cyclists/pedestrians/debris. This is stuff I encounter daily and am like “wow, I BET FSD would be able to handle this”. Might be a pipe dream...

Within good reason, AT LEAST GIVE US SOME BETA FSD FEATURES?!?!!?? It’s not that much of an ask?? It’s been almost a year, since the “latest” functionality us non YouTube/instagram posters got, that being “traffic control” “function”. ($hitty “summon” doesn’t count).
I’ll die a somewhat happy man if you give me:
AutoSteer on unmarked roads with the ability to navigate around stationary objects like: cars/trucks/cyclists/pedestrians/debris. This is stuff I encounter daily and am like “wow, I BET FSD would be able to handle this”. Might be a pipe dream...
This x 10000.

If we’re still months away from the button, how hard would it be to release the FSD code base but with most feature flags disabled?

We’ve already seen (from GreenTheOnly) that there are feature flags for every FSD capability.

My current gut feeling is July, August, or September (2021), but you might as well just throw darts at a calendar. Who the heck knows.
Looks like you've slipped a bit from your prior June estimate (button vs. "FSD beta v9 fleet wide" I think are roughly equivalent). This is the way. This is the Tesla way. ;)

It's always a little sad to see optimistic people get Elon'd. I remember when I believed him and had hope, too.

It's always baffled me that some people continue to believe the prognostications of a man who has never in the past gotten a prognostication right. Musk has led both Tesla and SpaceX to do amazing things. Tesla made electric cars mainstream and makes the best cars you can buy. SpaceX is the first private company (and so far the only) to deliver astronauts to the ISS and return them to Earth, and it does it for a fraction of the cost that NASA did.

Truly remarkable achievements.

But when he prognosticates the future (as in X product will be available on Y date) he's never been even close. Why would anybody take such statements seriously?

Reactions: Radish11 and DanCar
It's always baffled me that some people continue to believe the prognostications of a man who has never in the past gotten a prognostication right. Musk has led both Tesla and SpaceX to do amazing things. Tesla made electric cars mainstream and makes the best cars you can buy. SpaceX is the first private company (and so far the only) to deliver astronauts to the ISS and return them to Earth, and it does it for a fraction of the cost that NASA did.

Truly remarkable achievements.

But when he prognosticates the future (as in X product will be available on Y date) he's never been even close. Why would anybody take such statements seriously?

He's actually been not-terrible about Model 3 and Model Y timelines if we're being fair, but more importantly, we have the benefit of much more hindsight to look upon now. There wasn't really that much to go on a few years ago unless you really looked hard and did quite a lot of research.

Reactions: rxlawdude
He's actually been not-terrible about Model 3 and Model Y timelines if we're being fair, but more importantly, we have the benefit of much more hindsight to look upon now. There wasn't really that much to go on a few years ago unless you really looked hard and did quite a lot of research.

The original Roadster was way behind schedule. Once it was available, it was the best thing since sliced bread. That's Tesla in a nut shell.

Reactions: Microterf