Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Will we see the FSD button in June?

Will we see the button in June in the U.S.?

• Yes

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 84 45.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • Everywhere it is allowed

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • Sometime in 2022

Votes: 25 13.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No kidding that they underestimated city complexity. Given freeway FSD issues that still persist, should we be even slightly surprised? In addition to the bizarre sudden braking on freeways it amazes me that they still haven’t solved freeway lane merges such that our cars don’t cut off other cars by immediately centering in the merge lane. Freeways are surely many times easier than streets so I expect to be taking over many times on every city FSD drive for at least the next three or four years — and probably longer. Tesla surely isn’t the only company that exaggerates but it’s ridiculous how much FSD was oversold starting in Fall 2016. Four and a half years later and we aren’t close to what they sold us would be completed in a year or so.

Thats the worst part. nobody seems to be fixing glaring issues that is in production software for months / years.

Reactions: Ptheven and Dan D.
Some would interpret the goals to mean the button and be able to get the FSD Beta subsequently without a filter. In other words, if everyone that paid for it, can't get it, then it is a fail.

Agreed. When the download button was first mentioned, I assumed that it's a request for download. It's only on 09/16/2021 or 1 week ago that we got the tweet that it's a request for insurance factor evaluation, not a download button that labeled "download button" just like FSD is not actually FSD.

Agreed. When the download button was first mentioned, I assumed that it's a request for download. It's only on 09/16/2021 or 1 week ago that we got the tweet that it's a request for insurance factor evaluation, not a download button that labeled "download button" just like FSD is not actually FSD.
How did they pick the 70ish Beta testers in the first place then? It's implied they picked safe ones. Can't they look at driving habits already?

How did they pick the 70ish Beta testers in the first place then? It's implied they picked safe ones. Can't they look at driving habits already?
When Elon Musk tweeted that those who want it just "tell us" so I called Tesla up jumped through hoops and they asked for my driving habits. Then it's just silent treatment until the next clue is to wait for the download button.

Reactions: Terminator857
When Elon Musk tweeted that those who want it just "tell us" so I called Tesla up jumped through hoops and they asked for my driving habits. Then it's just silent treatment until the next clue is to wait for the download button.
So how is this time different? They already have your self-described driving habits, they can probably source data from your car already. How is this not just another stalling technique and somewhat opaque method of denying the software to those that paid and want to join the Beta test group? At best it seems to be encouraging a period of good driving (well, starting from when they get the "button", and probably ending shortly after getting the Beta). Are we going to see actual verified numbers and rough geographic locations of these new Beta testers? Maybe some weekly charting from Tesla on numbers, miles driven, disengagements, incidents, drivers kicked off - and for what reasons).

I've been slightly obsessed with my Safety Score.
Every time I let someone drive it, I tell them about the Safety Score, I ask they drive like you grandma is sitting next to you holding a bowl of her soup without a lid.
And yet EVERYTIME, my score goes down for unsafe following, Forward Collision Warnings, or hard braking. Dang it.

• Funny
Reactions: ahoen117
Every time I let someone drive it, I tell them about the Safety Score, I ask they drive like you grandma is sitting next to you holding a bowl of her soup without a lid.
And yet EVERYTIME, my score goes down for unsafe following, Forward Collision Warnings, or hard braking. Dang it.

You let other people drive your car? o_O I never let anybody drive my car.

When I had to get my safety check the guy asked for the key, and I told him there wasn't one. I explained how to use the card, since I wasn't about to give him my phone. Then he couldn't figure out how to open the door. So I asked if I could drive the car into the bay. I might have said "If you don't know how to operate the door handles, you probably don't know how to drive the car." He got angry and told me to take my business elsewhere. At the next place I went, they just told me to drive my car in.

Same here. My score wasn't perfect but my wife ruined all my chances at securing FSD.