TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[Poll] - Will you buy Model Y if it has Falcon Wing door?

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by ggnykk, Jan 6, 2018.

?

Will you buy Model Y if it has Falcon Wing door (FWD)? / Should Tesla put FWD in Model Y?

1. Hell NO!! I hate the stupid Falcon Wing door (FWD). If it has FWD, I won't buy it for sure!

48 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. No. I highly prefer it doesn't have FWD

59 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. No. Tesla should put regular door so customers can choose between Model X and Y. It save cost too!

61 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Not sure. Undecided.

13 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. I would still buy Model Y either way. It doesn't matter for me.

68 vote(s)
    19.7%
  6. Yes. I think FWD will be appealing to customer and help spread the words about the Tesla brand

23 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. Yes. I highly prefer it has FWD

49 vote(s)
    14.2%
  8. Oh Yes! I love the FWD! If it doesn't have FWD, I won't buy it.

19 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. None of the above.

6 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Brando

Brando Active Member

Falcon Wing + 11 other doors

• Love x 1
  2. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Rare combination

You are right - after one hand slam, I was much more careful. "Fool me once- shame on me..." I am trainable. The door closed when I stepped on the brake pedal, not knowing that would be the closer trigger. Learning curve.
    As I get older and more feeble - reaching out to grab the door handle to close gets more awkward. Its nice to know that there are solutions to get the care to self-close. Do I have to buy a new model S to get the closer- or is there a retrofit option?. Can a refresh S get a few parts bolted on?

3. EVDRVN

EVDRVN Member

Worse it has hollow handles that feel like a cheap plastic toy, they could have at least made them feel better not like they are going to break off in your hand. The seemed to use the cheapest low grade finish materials in the 3 they could buy.

• Like x 1
  4. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

hopefully, the Model Y doesn't have the falcon wing door. We will find out within 10 days.

5. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

#65 Electroman, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    I thought he clearly said in twitter yesterday Y will have normal doors

Untitled.png

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

that's great news!!

7. SoCalDude