Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Will you buy Model Y if it has Falcon Wing door?

Will you buy Model Y if it has Falcon Wing door (FWD)? / Should Tesla put FWD in Model Y?

• Hell NO!! I hate the stupid Falcon Wing door (FWD). If it has FWD, I won't buy it for sure!

Votes: 48 13.8%
  • No. I highly prefer it doesn't have FWD

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • No. Tesla should put regular door so customers can choose between Model X and Y. It save cost too!

Votes: 61 17.5%
  • Not sure. Undecided.

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • I would still buy Model Y either way. It doesn't matter for me.

Votes: 69 19.8%
  • Yes. I think FWD will be appealing to customer and help spread the words about the Tesla brand

Votes: 23 6.6%
  • Yes. I highly prefer it has FWD

Votes: 49 14.1%
  • Oh Yes! I love the FWD! If it doesn't have FWD, I won't buy it.

Votes: 19 5.5%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 6 1.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds to me like a classic case of learning curve. Not only that I got used to the self open/close door every time I sit in my S I was wondering why the door did not close soon after I put my foot on the brake.

Although I still don't understand how the door in the car would literally "self-closing" without you intend it to.
You are right - after one hand slam, I was much more careful. "Fool me once- shame on me..." I am trainable. The door closed when I stepped on the brake pedal, not knowing that would be the closer trigger. Learning curve.
As I get older and more feeble - reaching out to grab the door handle to close gets more awkward. Its nice to know that there are solutions to get the care to self-close. Do I have to buy a new model S to get the closer- or is there a retrofit option?. Can a refresh S get a few parts bolted on?

Willing to bet money that the “Y” won’t have falcon wing doors in order to keep costs down. Heck, the “3” doesn’t even have self presenting handles...

Worse it has hollow handles that feel like a cheap plastic toy, they could have at least made them feel better not like they are going to break off in your hand. The seemed to use the cheapest low grade finish materials in the 3 they could buy.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
I thought he clearly said in twitter yesterday Y will have normal doors

Untitled.png

Last edited: