Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Will you buy?

Will you buy the Cybertruck?

• Yes, planned on it before I saw it.

• Yes, now that I have seen it.

• Still deciding.

• No, changed my mind when I saw it.

• No, never planned on it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't it more like 3 years?

It says late 2022 which really means early 2023.
A practice CYBRTRK assembly line is up and running in Fremont. Assemblers are being trained and they will move to Austin so that when the Austin Gigafactory opens it will be ready to rock. Anticipate first vehicles to roll off the line later this year and full production in QTR 1, 2022. My order number of 90,000+ estimates my delivery in Spring of 2023. Will believe it when I see it. Enjoying the Model Y while I wait.

A practice CYBRTRK assembly line is up and running in Fremont. Assemblers are being trained and they will move to Austin so that when the Austin Gigafactory opens it will be ready to rock. Anticipate first vehicles to roll off the line later this year and full production in QTR 1, 2022. My order number of 90,000+ estimates my delivery in Spring of 2023. Will believe it when I see it. Enjoying the Model Y while I wait.
Good timeline. I’m in the same boat though I’m looking at an estimated delivery time of more than a year later. That’s so far off that I’m considering trading in my Model 3 to get a Y as my small family is slowly growing out of my sedan before trading in the Y for a CT.

Good timeline. I’m in the same boat though I’m looking at an estimated delivery time of more than a year later. That’s so far off that I’m considering trading in my Model 3 to get a Y as my small family is slowly growing out of my sedan before trading in the Y for a CT.
Sounds like a great plan. I downsized from the Model X to a Model Y for half the price while I await the CYBTRK.

That is what I did. Good plan. Go for it!

Reactions: El joe
Automatic doors: I'm not a fan of them.

Steel prices: Yes, however, I read they had a new steel plant being built nearby. They opened up reservations a couple years ago so Tesla's planners had an idea of how much they would need and likely made supply agreements. I imagine SpaceX has been buying a lot of steel as well.

Any thoughts about whether the CYBRTRK will have automatic doors like the X?
Do you think the increase in steel prices will affect the bottom line??

Reactions: tren01t
Automatic doors: I'm not a fan of them.

Steel prices: Yes, however, I read they had a new steel plant being built nearby. They opened up reservations a couple years ago so Tesla's planners had an idea of how much they would need and likely made supply agreements. I imagine SpaceX has been buying a lot of steel as well.
Thanks for the info. I love automatic doors. Had them on two Model Xs with no problems. Miss them now on the Y. Just a matter of personal preference.

Reactions: mark95476
TAX CREDIT! (Proposal)

The $7,500 incentive would stay, but it would be increased to $10,000 for EVs produced in the US and to $12,500 for EVs produced in the US by union workers.
It appears to have been crafted specifically to block Tesla’s access to the full incentive since the California-based automaker is one of the rare automakers whose workforce is not controlled by the United Auto Worker (UAW) union.
Senator Debbie Stabenow, a Democrat from Michigan, where Ford and GM are based, is leading the new proposal, which would obviously benefit the automakers in her state.
The new proposal would also add a price limit on the new electric vehicle eligible for the incentive, which wasn’t the case before. The bill mentions a sticker price limit of $80,000, which is much higher than for similar EV incentives in other countries. For example, the price limit is $55,000 in Canada.

Hope the final stays that way. It would give us $10k tax credit for the CYBRTRK. All models!

Tesla vehicles - Electrek
Electric car US tax credit proposed to $12,500, less for Tesla vehicles - Electrek

Electric car US tax credit proposed to $12,500, less for Tesla vehicles - Electrek

Unless, of course, climate deniers in Congress adjust it downward or toss it completely.

Last edited:
TAX CREDIT! (Proposal)

The $7,500 incentive would stay, but it would be increased to $10,000 for EVs produced in the US and to $12,500 for EVs produced in the US by union workers.
It appears to have been crafted specifically to block Tesla’s access to the full incentive since the California-based automaker is one of the rare automakers whose workforce is not controlled by the United Auto Worker (UAW) union.
Senator Debbie Stabenow, a Democrat from Michigan, where Ford and GM are based, is leading the new proposal, which would obviously benefit the automakers in her state.
The new proposal would also add a price limit on the new electric vehicle eligible for the incentive, which wasn’t the case before. The bill mentions a sticker price limit of $80,000, which is much higher than for similar EV incentives in other countries. For example, the price limit is $55,000 in Canada.

Hope the final stays that way. It would give us $10k tax credit for the CYBRTRK. All models!

Tesla vehicles - Electrek

Unless, of course, climate deniers in Congress adjust it downward or toss it completely.
Sweet, that TRI-motor I have been drooling over just got 10K better. Time to reserve one along with my reserved dual motor! LOL

Yes you can.
I did. Saves place in line.
Beware.
Opposition proposal surfaces and wipes out tax credits for EVs.
$174 billion plan reduced to $4 billion. Notify your representatives and vote accordingly.