Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

poll: will you upgrade to FSD package before price increase?

Will you upgrade to FSD package (in model 3 with AP only) before price increase on August 16th?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter ;)

@elonmusk Jul 16

Cost of Tesla full self-driving option increasing by ~$1000 on August 16

@ropiko Jul 16

The features better back that price up mister.

@elonmusk Replying to @ropiko
Agreed. That’s approximately date when we expect Enhanced Summon to be in wide release. It will be magical. Lot of hard work by Autopilot team.​
No mention of it being tied to the price increase. A very specific date for the price increase tho. No caveats to be seen here

Really ? He clearly agrees that price increase should be tied to new features. He talks about what feature they think will be in wide release by Aug 16.

upload_2019-8-17_8-38-46.jpeg

If Elon has just said “soon” we could all just laugh about it. The issue here is Elon gave a specific date!

That is a misinterpretation of the date being tied to something not that the features should be commiserate with the price.....but if you choose to “interpret” rather than read the facts then you’ll always have a big gulp size of that Kool aid

Last edited:
Well, the facts are:

It’s August 17th 2019.
Enhanced Summon is not widely released. Really.
FSD is still $3000 (EAP) or $6000 (AP).

Didn’t you question my credibility because I called BS out with unflattering language?
Maybe you should question the credibility of the Tesla CEO because, wow, does he have a history of lies.

Didn’t you question my credibility because I called BS out with unflattering language?
Maybe you should question the credibility of the Tesla CEO because, wow, does he have a history of lies.
There are lots of reasons to question your credibility vs someone who founded the first successful auto manufacturer since 1941. Let us hear what you have achieved in life ;)

Reactions: MaryAnning3
Most likely scenario is just being overly optimistic.

It took me a long time to learn not to over-promise and under-deliver.

I do not understand this opinion at all.

He’s been doing this for many years, so do you think he is not intelligent enough to learn?

In 2016, I’d have shared your opinion.

In 2019 with all that happened at Tesla and autonomous driving, it’s a lot more likely that he is simply exploiting people’s naïveté and FOMO.

I mean look at the wide eyed people eagerly spending $3000 on absolutely nothing substantial or guaranteed...

I do not understand this opinion at all.

He’s been doing this for many years, so do you think he is not intelligent enough to learn?

In 2016, I’d have shared your opinion.

In 2019 with all that happened at Tesla and autonomous driving, it’s a lot more likely that he is simply exploiting people’s naïveté and FOMO.

I mean look at the wide eyed people eagerly spending $3000 on absolutely nothing substantial or guaranteed...

Maybe making bold promises is the only way Elon knows how to make progress.

Look at all the traditional automakers planning EV lines by 2025-2030. Those are realistic timeline targets, but they're obviously not pushing themselves.

I also think this is just his MO.

I remember seeing an interview with him, I don't remember the subject, but he was asked a question something like "how long until you will reach... whatever the subject was" and his straight-face answer was something like "we'll plan for 2 years and it'll be done in 4". I'll try to find the link...

This is definitely not ok and it's not how progress should happen. Incoming lame batman reference in 3... 2... 1...: Elon is not the hero we need but he's the one we have!

I'll be quiet now...

Elon plans to raise the FSD package price by $1000 dollars in the model 3 on August 16th. Currently it is $6K. I am currently on the fence about whether to upgrade at this price but worry it will keep getting more expensive. So this poll was to get a feel for what other people think.
I've written Tesla three times to get a price on the FSD upgrade, with no response. There is no price listed on my Tesla account page, so I guess I won't be purchasing it. When they achieve FSD I'll just pay whatever they are asking at the time.

Maybe making bold promises is the only way Elon knows how to make progress.

Look at all the traditional automakers planning EV lines by 2025-2030. Those are realistic timeline targets, but they're obviously not pushing themselves.

Sadly with Elon’s past performance on forward looking promises his track record on many are more bold face li_ _. Not cool for a CEO....the mouthpiece for Tesla... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯