Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] Would you take a Bolt over an M3 in these situations?

What would it take you to take a bolt over your M3?

• I will take a Bolt if I like it when it comes out this year.

Votes: 17 6.0%
  • I will take a Bolt if M3 doesn't start deliveries summer 2017.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • I will take a Bolt if M3 doesn't start deliveries December 2017.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I will never take a Bolt over an M3.

Votes: 225 79.8%
  • I will take a Bolt if M3 misses on a promise (e.g. range, autopilot, pricing).

Votes: 41 14.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not that I'm opposed to the Bolt. It's that I need a vehicle I can drive from Denver to Kansas City 2x a year, as well as at a moments notice if need be. Even if there is a CCS charging station along the way, it won't charge fast enough when making a 600 mile trip.

After all the specs and option pricing are available for both the Bolt EV and the Model 3, I will decide which car to get to replace my Chevrolet Volt.

I will consider the Bolt EV if has comparable specs, and a comparable nationwide DC fast charging network.

I think I will be getting a Model 3. But we will see.

GSP

Reactions: Lunarx and Genshi
For me it really comes down to the right car at the right time. That's pretty much the overriding decision.

The Model S wasn't really the right car, and I knew it wasn't. I got it mostly as temporary thing until the right EV came along. Although now that I've had it for a while it's pretty nifty and is going to be the primary competition of the 3.

The Bolt is just ugly, and I'm tired of those kind of cookie-cutter econoboxes. I get what they were trying to do, but it's like they didn't even try making it look cool.

Plus I've read that they really won't make that many a year. So I imagine it might be harder to get than people anticipate. I am expecting them to sell out of what they make, and it will be positive to the EV movement. The Volt was actually hugely important in the move to get people into EV's. Lots of people traded up from a Volt to a Model S.

I would imagine will see a lot of Bolt owners going to the Model 3/S, and a bunch of Tesla owners having a Bolt as a second car.

As someone told me earlier, Making a car Ugly costs about the same as making it Gorgeous. Or GM doesn't think the Bolt is ugly.
Or they were just using a platform that already existed and shoved the EV guts into it.

I don't know why people keep saying it's ugly. It's not a bad looking car. I'd buy it if there was a charging network comparable to Tesla's for it. Or better than Tesla's, since Tesla doesn't have any Superchargers within driving range of any Tesla to me.

As someone told me earlier, Making a car Ugly costs about the same as making it Gorgeous. Or GM doesn't think the Bolt is ugly.

They also didn't think the Aztek was ugly either.

The irony is the same designer (of the Aztek) also designed one of the best looking GM products in the C7 Vette.

So to me it cost less to make an ugly car if he could pull off what he did with a more expensive car. Although I do admit they share some characteristics, but I like the C7.

Wow... I guess I'm in the minority.

I'm not really interested in the Bolt EV, but voted to take one, if I end up liking it. However, like the i3 a few years ago, it takes TWO of us at home to make car purchasing decisions and we have to agree.

I thought it would be higher. At the pricepoint and range of the Bolt EV, it's not a bad deal. Besides, I would expect the Federal rebate to last longer for Chevy vs. Tesla.