Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: your gut expectations for FSD v9

I feel like the improvement from FSD v8.2 to FSD v9 will be…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
> Foundational improvements are immense.

Choose which translation you like the best:
  1. We rewrote a lot of things. Everything doesn't quite work yet, but we are getting there.
  2. We broke a lot of plates making the sausage. Clean up almost done.
  3. We broke a lot of the code moving to v9 architecture. Almost on parity with 8.3 that had 1K improvements, almost.

> Foundational improvements are immense.

Choose which translation you like the best:
  1. We rewrote a lot of things. Everything doesn't quite work yet, but we are getting there.
  2. We broke a lot of plates making the sausage. Clean up almost done.
  3. We broke a lot of the code moving to v9 architecture. Almost on parity with 8.3 that had 1K improvements, almost.
You forgot 4: "eat my ass, suckers. I'm rich, thanks!"

I see two visions of the future:
1. Robotaxis driving us everywhere, and we build gyms in our now-vacant garages;
2. 5 days after a software update, every street signal in the world has a burning Tesla at its base, which followed the code, "Stop at the red stoplight"

Reactions: Cheburashka

Just one more beer, says the alcoholic. Then I'll stop!

1. Robotaxis driving us everywhere, and we build gyms in our now-vacant garages;

People own vehicles now, and taxis are a thing that exists. If taxis aren't enough to convince everyone to give up their own vehicles, then I don' see what difference a robot car makes. I mean, what happens when I need to go to the grocery store, then the hardware store, and then the post office? Do I carry everything with me at all times because my taxi drives away when I get out?

"Gut Expectation"? My forecast for the future:

1. Friend Elon will tweet more cryptic promises
2. We/I will salivate at the promise of each tweet
3. The V9 tester people - those better than the rest of us - will continue to post YouTube videos of V9 swerving them into oncoming traffic
4. This thread will grow to 10,000 plus posts and still no release to us - the great unwashed - and we will continue to predict amazing things
5. FSD prices will go up up up
6. Later.....we will be told that NONE of us have the appropriate hardware......required to upgrade to the "idiototainment suite of hardware mods"

LOVE my Tesla driving machine. Not so much the Tesla "culture" that has morphed into bad service, broken promises, and secrecy. (and rabid fanboys)

"Gut Expectation"? My forecast for the future:

1. Friend Elon will tweet more cryptic promises
2. We/I will salivate at the promise of each tweet
3. The V9 tester people - those better than the rest of us - will continue to post YouTube videos of V9 swerving them into oncoming traffic
4. This thread will grow to 10,000 plus posts and still no release to us - the great unwashed - and we will continue to predict amazing things
5. FSD prices will go up up up
6. Later.....we will be told that NONE of us have the appropriate hardware......required to upgrade to the "idiototainment suite of hardware mods"

LOVE my Tesla driving machine. Not so much the Tesla "culture" that has morphed into bad service, broken promises, and secrecy. (and rabid fanboys)
I'm just looking forwards to #3.

The fact that there is no limited V9 release at this point is really telling.

In that Tesla Vision was much further behind than they either let on or realized, and now the schedule for everything Tesla Vision related has slipped.

Reactions: Mobster
In that Tesla Vision was much further behind than they either let on or realized, and now the schedule for everything Tesla Vision related has slipped.
No, see they needed remove radar from the high volume 3/Y first, so they can prove the algorithms on these cars, so that they can turn on vision only shadow mode for cars with radar, so that they can validate the vision only v9 City FSD that they have been developing for three years before they release to influencers under NDA so they can make YouTube videos showing us what we could get once the march of nines is done and it's safe enough to put on vision only cars but they won't because v10 is a fundamental rewrite that if anybody is paying attention they will see means Tesla is now very close to v11 which will decide if the car should be in Park or Reverse, with just a few "edge cases" to work out, but the regulators won't let them.

No, see they needed remove radar from the high volume 3/Y first, so they can prove the algorithms on these cars, so that they can turn on vision only shadow mode for cars with radar, so that they can validate the vision only v9 City FSD that they have been developing for three years before they release to influencers under NDA so they can make YouTube videos showing us what we could get once the march of nines is done and it's safe enough to put on vision only cars but they won't because v10 is a fundamental rewrite that if anybody is paying attention they will see means Tesla is now very close to v11 which will decide if the car should be in Park or Reverse, with just a few "edge cases" to work out, but the regulators won't let them.
1regulators.jpg

I'm just looking forwards to #3.

The fact that there is no limited V9 release at this point is really telling.

oh and those participating in #3 will make money hand over fist from their yourube channels.

Reactions: DrDabbles