Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polyurethane Suspension Bushings - Quest

snooprob

Jan 7, 2013
I have a 2013 P85 with 185k miles and it's had various repairs in the last year, but the biggest current issue it has is worn bushings in several places:
- front arms
- rear arms
- read motor mounts

Because the only real option right now is to buy the entire metal replacement assembly from Tesla with normal bushings in them (which is a ridiculous amount of money to waste on aluminum molded parts that are then just thrown away), I'm on a quest to find Polyurethane Suspension Bushing replacements for all key points in the wheel and drivetrain.

I will post my progress here - and if anyone else has been down this path and knows where to get correct (bushings only) fitting parts, please reply!

Lasttoy

Mar 24, 2017
St Augustine, Fl
I broke my rear arm last year. I looked at replacing insert, but couldn't find a close match.

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_094316_791.jpg
    IMG_20210331_094316_791.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 0
I have not had to replace anything just yet (bracing for it....) But this company caught my eye as an option. Not sure if it addresses your quest adequately or not, but they do offer a variety of mix/match kits. This link is for the full rear suspension:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC