Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polyurethane Suspension Bushings - Quest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 P85 with 185k miles and it's had various repairs in the last year, but the biggest current issue it has is worn bushings in several places:
- front arms
- rear arms
- read motor mounts

Because the only real option right now is to buy the entire metal replacement assembly from Tesla with normal bushings in them (which is a ridiculous amount of money to waste on aluminum molded parts that are then just thrown away), I'm on a quest to find Polyurethane Suspension Bushing replacements for all key points in the wheel and drivetrain.

I will post my progress here - and if anyone else has been down this path and knows where to get correct (bushings only) fitting parts, please reply!

I broke my rear arm last year. I looked at replacing insert, but couldn't find a close match.

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_094316_791.jpg
    IMG_20210331_094316_791.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 366
I have not had to replace anything just yet (bracing for it....) But this company caught my eye as an option. Not sure if it addresses your quest adequately or not, but they do offer a variety of mix/match kits. This link is for the full rear suspension:

I have not had to replace anything just yet (bracing for it....) But this company caught my eye as an option. Not sure if it addresses your quest adequately or not, but they do offer a variety of mix/match kits. This link is for the full rear suspension:

DON'T BUY THESE.

I bought them, and this is what they looked like after 5 months on my P90D.

oJRuseH.jpg

Huh. That's horrible.

And they are not cheap either, $159 for two bushings?

The complete rear toe link with two bushings is only about $100 directly from Tesla. Sure they are rubber and not polyurethane, but they will certainly last longer than 5 months..

Reactions: davidc18
Huh. That's horrible.

And they are not cheap either, $159 for two bushings?

The complete rear toe link with two bushings is only about $100 directly from Tesla. Sure they are rubber and not polyurethane, but they will certainly last longer than 5 months..

This is one of those cases where OEM is fine. I say get the factory replacements from Tesla. Also, buy two extra eccentric bolts for the inner mount, that way you can just cut the bolts to replace the toe links rather than dropping the whole rear subframe.

Reactions: davidc18
Not noisy if you install them correctly !

I wanna try to work with Energy Suspension to find solutions. At least i know i can trust their products all of these years.
I'd say it really depends on the part and the car. Sure installation can make a difference but I've found that some poly components can stiffen up the slop for a long time, while other poly components wear out faster than their rubber counterparts. Pretty much it's live and learn from people's shared experiences. I've always found the bonded rubber and butyl rubber to be the most comfy.

I have a 2013 P85 with 185k miles and it's had various repairs in the last year, but the biggest current issue it has is worn bushings in several places:
- front arms
- rear arms
- read motor mounts

Because the only real option right now is to buy the entire metal replacement assembly from Tesla with normal bushings in them (which is a ridiculous amount of money to waste on aluminum molded parts that are then just thrown away), I'm on a quest to find Polyurethane Suspension Bushing replacements for all key points in the wheel and drivetrain.

I will post my progress here - and if anyone else has been down this path and knows where to get correct (bushings only) fitting parts, please reply!
Got pair of toe link available now and upper and lower very soon 2X Rebuilt Tesla Model S Rear toe Control Arm Links with Pu Lifetime bushing | eBay
They are on test on m’y car since 7 month in very hard north Canada
5CBF8DEC-D63A-4EE9-8399-C7ABD40637C5.jpeg
9767A7B5-CFBE-446B-9BE0-3919FB14844A.jpeg
environnement perfect fit 65a hardness for RWD not tested on AWD