Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pomona Service Center is now open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest update from last week:
Pomona SC gave me a old Hyundai Santa Fe as loaner and my friend got a Toyota Camry. They told me it's not a full SC, but only a support center. Bodyshop there is under diff system and management, so do not assume they are the same. I'd avoid them for any non-body shop related work.

Reactions: smilepak
Thanks for letting me know about your loaner experience. What kind of issues did your model 3 needed to be fixed and how long did it take?

I have the following issues to be fixed:
  • Passenger sidemarker not flush
  • Drive Gear Stalk not flush
  • Driver/Passenger door handles not flush
  • Left headlight not flush
  • Left side of horn not working
Hope it won't take longer than a few days. If they have the part in stock.

Here's my current experience at this service center:

ARRIVAL/CHECK-IN
• Arrived 15 minutes before my appointment. Pull into the front, parked my car with the other Teslas waiting to be check-in. Walked into the lobby and it was pretty empty just a small setup of a plastic foldable table with a security guard/receptionist checking people in via a sign-in sheet. Looks like they still need to get proper furniture and setup for a lounge area.
• After checking-in, they direct you to the waiting room to the left with a few couches to sit and a small table. There were about 3-4 other people in the room waiting for either a service check-in or collision repair estimate.
• In the waiting room, they have a flyer with pricing for Body Repair Labor Rates

IMG_5473.JPG

CAR ISSUE OVERVIEW/RENTAL

IMG_5481.JPG

• Waited about 15-20 minutes before meeting my service advisor (Monica) - went to review the issues on my Model 3 (Listed above) and she used red tape to indicate the problem area for the techs to work on. After the review, she handed me off to David who is the on-site Enterprise rep for rentals.
• After speaking with David he mentioned that they gave out all Tesla loaners for today and only have 3 ICE car vehicles available mostly Hyundai and Chevy SUVS. I chose the Chevy Equinox since it has Apple CarPlay and a nice center touchscreen for it.

IMG_5477.JPG

COMMUNICATION/UPDATES
IMG_5483.jpg

• After about 1 hour, I received a text message from my service advisor about communicating and being updated via text.
• Since my most my issues were easily fixable same-day, I should be able to pick up my vehicle this afternoon or early tomorrow morning.

I'll update once I receive my model 3 back.

UPDATE:

Car was ready for pick up on Saturday and all issues were resolved. No new issues or damages done while my car was being serviced. I took a few photo of the inside waiting area and check-in.

IMG_5490.JPG

Inside of the service area, the table and chairs is the "front desk" check-in area.

IMG_5488.JPG

Waiting Room

I just took our MX in last week to replace a door actuator. There was no Tesla loaner available at the time, and Enterprise was the rental partner on site. I took one of the SUV they had and drove home. About 2.5 hours later, I got a TXT saying my car was ready for pickup! I was completely not expecting it to be done that fast. The hardest part about it is that I have to fill the loaner a couple of gallons of gas (round trip to my house was about 55 miles). If you are bringing your loaner car back and exit on Temple (57), do not head straight into the Shell gas station at the exit. You can't make a left turn back on Temple after you gas up... and you have to turn right and U turn down the road.

I think they did a great job. And the next available appointment at BP was in March! I thought about not posting a positive experience here so people would go to other SC instead of the one closest to me LOL. Now I am sure the next time I need service.. it would be a 2 months wait....

BTW, this place seems more secure than BP or CM Service Center. I don't remember seeing security guards at BP or CM. This place got 2 or 3 of them on duty. I feel like I am walking into a jewelry store. Do they rob Service Center? :eek: Maybe for angry Tesla owners? "WHAT??? I DON'T GET A TESLA LOANER???!!!!!"

BTW, this place seems more secure than BP or CM Service Center. I don't remember seeing security guards at BP or CM. This place got 2 or 3 of them on duty. I feel like I am walking into a jewelry store. Do they rob Service Center? :eek: Maybe for angry Tesla owners? "WHAT??? I DON'T GET A TESLA LOANER???!!!!!"
Of course then you have to ask yourself, Is it safer in the place where a security guard isn't thought to be necessary or where they are so sure that the guards are needed that 2 or 3 are on duty at the same time?

Pomona is a service center, body shop and parts depot (with rumors of them adding superchargers).

When I had service there recently, I was told it "would take a few days to get the parts from next door"... "Next door?". Apparently they have to go through the same request/queuing process as the other SC's.

I think their 'service' is comparable to the other SC's I've been to (Centinela is the best IMO), however they seem to be taking a while to get the place in shape. However they do have a ping-pong table.

Their Security is awkward, unlike other SC's I've been to; they're very restrictive on your movements and the 'waiting room' is bare bones compared to other SC's.

They had about 4 Roadsters way in the back when I visited.

I was provided with a brand new MS/75 loaner at the time (had <20 miles on it); though it was arranged through 'Enterprise'. I guess I was lucky.

Last edited:
Interesting to know. Thanks. I scheduled an appointment to have my MS look at. This recent rain caused the interior both rear door to leak at the edge of the alcantera liner by the small triangle windows to the rear doors. Weird. I checked the pano roof drain and it drained fine. Poured a glass of water down there and it drained. Could be bad seal or something. I suspect the seal behind the chrome trim above the door window, but who knows.

I just took our MX in last week to replace a door actuator. There was no Tesla loaner available at the time, and Enterprise was the rental partner on site. I took one of the SUV they had and drove home. About 2.5 hours later, I got a TXT saying my car was ready for pickup! I was completely not expecting it to be done that fast. The hardest part about it is that I have to fill the loaner a couple of gallons of gas (round trip to my house was about 55 miles). If you are bringing your loaner car back and exit on Temple (57), do not head straight into the Shell gas station at the exit. You can't make a left turn back on Temple after you gas up... and you have to turn right and U turn down the road.

I think they did a great job. And the next available appointment at BP was in March! I thought about not posting a positive experience here so people would go to other SC instead of the one closest to me LOL. Now I am sure the next time I need service.. it would be a 2 months wait....

When I had a loaner from the Pomona service center I asked them do I need to return the vehicle with the same amount of gas as when Im picking it up (normal rental process). The Enterprise rep (David) said not to worry about it that Tesla pays for the gas.

• Informative
Reactions: smilepak and Need
When I had a loaner from the Pomona service center I asked them do I need to return the vehicle with the same amount of gas as when Im picking it up (normal rental process). The Enterprise rep (David) said not to worry about it that Tesla pays for the gas.

Interesting. When was that? I did not ask specifically whether I have to return with the same level, but he was telling me the fuel level is at half tank...and it was listed on the invoice. I also asked if I have to put premium gas and he said regular is okay. He did not volunteer the "don't worry about filling it back up" information. Also the return invoice listed the return fuel level. BTW, they charge Tesla for 3 days rental even though I returned it in like 4 hours. I guess it was Friday so they just charged for the whole weekend.

Next time I would ask!

i was also advised that they will cover the 1/2 tank of gas, so you do not need to fill it back up. though i imagine the policy could change at any time.

My wife had a run-in with a pillar in a parking garage which caused a pretty big scrape on the FWD. The plastic above the rear tire popped off as well. I was originally going to schedule an appointment at the Van Nuys body shop since that's much more convenient for me (I live in Venice). However, the rep from [email protected] inbox told me that Van Nuys is now closed and all body work has to be done in Pomona.

Do you guys think it's worth driving out to Pomona from the west side (at least 1hr with no traffic... ha!) or should I try to get the work done at a non-Tesla body shop? I'd rather pay a bit more and have the work done quicker, wherever that ends up being. I've never had to get any work done on my Tesla before so any input is appreciated.

I doubt it's possible to know in advance which among several Tesla and independent body shops will be faster fixing your car.

Of course... I'm not asking for a fortune teller. I guess I'm asking if it's worth it to drive over an hour (up to two with traffic) each way to go to a Tesla Body Shop for scrape/paint damage, or if it would be the same level of service at a non-Tesla body shop?

My wife had a run-in with a pillar in a parking garage which caused a pretty big scrape on the FWD. The plastic above the rear tire popped off as well. I was originally going to schedule an appointment at the Van Nuys body shop since that's much more convenient for me (I live in Venice). However, the rep from [email protected] inbox told me that Van Nuys is now closed and all body work has to be done in Pomona.

Do you guys think it's worth driving out to Pomona from the west side (at least 1hr with no traffic... ha!) or should I try to get the work done at a non-Tesla body shop? I'd rather pay a bit more and have the work done quicker, wherever that ends up being. I've never had to get any work done on my Tesla before so any input is appreciated.

You can select one of authorized Tesla body shop near you. They will work with Tesla to get the parts and repair. I had mine done near me and didn't want to drive to Van Nuys. I emailed Tesla Body to help with expedite the parts needed and they were able to help with that.

Interesting place. The area brought back some memory having to drive that route frequently back in the days of Cal Poly.

The place is definitely a makeshift service center for a facility used as a body shop.

I wonder if this is temporary until they have a more official location somewhere else like Ontario.