Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pomona Tesla service center experience.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So from day 1 I had my passenger window acting strange not able to go up intermittently So I made appt at Pomona service center. 1500 miles on car. 2 days later they fixed the issue and they realligned my panel gap on my brake lights. Everything's great. Except I inspect my car and find scratches on rear bumper. Attached is the pictures. Now I have another appointment in March to replace a whole new bumper for the small scratches. And then I have to make a 60 mile drive to torrance to get my bumper ceramic coated again. Thankfully concourse Auto spa in Torrance won't charge for that. But what a hassle. Would you guys ask for any kind of compensation? Like a key fob or something or just deal with it?

This experience worries me since I have an appointment this Friday for a small issues on my Model 3. Hope this doesn't happen to me.

I would certainly request to talk to a supervisor to see if they can accommodate you for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Did you work with a specific service rep? Also, did you receive a Tesla loaner for the 2 days your vehicle was in the shop?

You should also post in the larger thread for the Pomona Service Center
Pomona Service Center is now open

So from day 1 I had my passenger window acting strange not able to go up intermittently So I made appt at Pomona service center. 1500 miles on car. 2 days later they fixed the issue and they realligned my panel gap on my brake lights. Everything's great. Except I inspect my car and find scratches on rear bumper. Attached is the pictures. Now I have another appointment in March to replace a whole new bumper for the small scratches. And then I have to make a 60 mile drive to torrance to get my bumper ceramic coated again. Thankfully concourse Auto spa in Torrance won't charge for that. But what a hassle. Would you guys ask for any kind of compensation? Like a key fob or something or just deal with it?

It would be petty to ask for some kind of compensation since they are replacing your bumper cover to make you happy. Plenty of other brands dealership model service departments would have told you it was damaged when you bought it in and to prove them wrong.

Reactions: Dmagyar
They had to take off my bumper for a mis-alignment in the bumper and ended up scratching (and paint correcting part of it). Wasn't happy about that. I was more unhappy that my Auto Spa in Torrance suggested I take off the clear bra to do some paint correction but in the end (for various reasons) taking a month and a half to put the bra back on making it worse than the condition was originally.

Alas, I still trust it more than the Buena Park service center who swapped a good rim with a bent rim....

I think you are within your right to ask for something for compensation. Worst they can do is tell you to pack sand. They damaged your [new] property, didn't tell you about it, and inconvenienced you... I know I wouldn't be shy about asking for something for the hassle... keyfob, all weather mats, EAP (j/k). I don't get the user saying you should just consider yourself lucky they took ownership and didn't lie to you and tell you to piss off essentially...

BTW, it doesn't appear the image you tried to attach made it through. And I am surprised they are replacing the whole bumper for a scratch... Seems like they'd just refinish the bumper...

I also plan on recording a walk around of my vehicle prior to dropping off the vehicle at the SC to show proof if there are any damage to any part of the vehicle.
After being burned in similar scenarios, I ALWAYS do this and highly recommend it. Video, pictures, odometer reading, all phone calls recorded, etc. Saved me several thousand dollars on my last Tesla service encounter actually.

20190112_111840.jpg

Pomona SC gave me a old Hyundai Santa Fe as loaner and my friend got a Toyota Camry. They told me it's not a full SC, but only a support center. Bodyshop there is under diff system and management, so do not assume they are the same. I'd avoid them for any non-bodyshop related work.

Pomona SC gave me a old Hyundai Santa Fe as loaner and my friend got a Toyota Camry. They told me it's not a full SC, but only a support center. Bodyshop there is under diff system and management, so do not assume they are the same. I'd avoid them for any non-bodyshop related work.

Did they note that all Tesla loaners were not available? or do Model 3 owners not get Tesla loaners. What kind of work are you having done to your Tesla? I'm hoping my fixes should only take a few hours to 1 day.

• Driver/Passenger handles not flush with body
• Passenger fender camera is not flush with body
• Drive gear selector stalk is lifting up
• Left side of horn is not working

My appointment is this Friday btw.

Any updates on your vehicle Johnny?

My car is there right now, actually since 1/30/2018 and I am having trouble reaching any of the service advisors.
Did they note that all Tesla loaners were not available? or do Model 3 owners not get Tesla loaners. What kind of work are you having done to your Tesla? I'm hoping my fixes should only take a few hours to 1 day.

• Driver/Passenger handles not flush with body
• Passenger fender camera is not flush with body
• Drive gear selector stalk is lifting up
• Left side of horn is not working

My appointment is this Friday btw.

Any updates on your vehicle Johnny?

My car is there right now, actually since 1/30/2018 and I am having trouble reaching any of the service advisors.

Got my vehicle back last Monday, most of the issues were resolved. If you're having trouble reaching your service advisor. I would keep calling the main line and request to speak to the Service manager.

What work is being done to your car?

I went Pomona service center today, and have kind of mix feeling there.
They took care windshield adhesive residue on the right A-Pillar trim by replacing it. However, the service advisor told me that she cannot repair paint related damages on the due bill. Their bodyshop is for ‘regular customers’ only not warranty repair.
She helped to schedule the body repair at Buena Park service center where does not have body shop. They probably sublet to another bodyshop.
I need to wait another 2 weeks again.
Pomona SC should contact me if they don’t do warranty paint job there. Wait time to Pomona center was about 2 weeks, and I need to wait another two weeks again.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam