Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pomponazzi vs. CeramicPro vs. Xpel vs. CQuartz Finest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used Pomponazzi. I got it almost exactly 11 months ago and was charged HK$8,200 (I believe prices have gone up quite considerably since).

I was very happy with it at the beginning. I have a dark blue car, which makes swirls very visible. Immediately after the coating, the paint color was much more "solid" and yet, there was a very bright shine under good lighting. Now, two problems: (1) tiny marks show up with the slightest contact; and (2) swirls have come back. To be fair, I cannot say for sure whether this is a Tesla issue (quite well-accepted that their paint quality leaves much to be desired) or a Pomponazzi issue. If it's a Tesla issue, then Pomponazzi might not be responsible, but it doesn't "fix" the issues either.

That said, Pomponazzi does offer $90 car washes and a three-year warranty, so I plan to bring it back to them to see what they can do.

Xpel Ultimate almost cannot be compared because it's 4 times the price of Pomponazzi. I'm confident Xpel is much better than Pomponazzi -- but is it 4 times better?

BTW, there's also a company called G.Guard (sponsor of the Charged HK rally), which you should check out. https://www.facebook.com/gguardhk
I believe Keeper Pro Shop (Keeper) also offers coatings.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I used Pomponazzi. I got it almost exactly 11 months ago and was charged $8,200 (I believe prices have gone up quite considerably since).
BTW, there's also a company called G.Guard (sponsor of the Charged HK rally), which you should check out. https://www.facebook.com/gguardhk
I believe Keeper Pro Shop (Keeper) also offers coatings.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks! Do you know how much is it for doing a MS by G.Guard?

I did my at Pom, the swirls were gone on my blue MS. But the way they want me to maintain the car defeat the purpose of coating. After 4 month, I already see some micro swirl under the sunlight. Moreover, they prefer you to go back to Pom to get the car wash, but its difficult to make appointment with them as it is always full. I wash my car at Keeper now, they do a good job vs Pom. This is just my personal exp, if I had a choice I would choose wrap.

I did my at Pom, the swirls were gone on my blue MS. But the way they want me to maintain the car defeat the purpose of coating. After 4 month, I already see some micro swirl under the sunlight. Moreover, they prefer you to go back to Pom to get the car wash, but its difficult to make appointment with them as it is always full. I wash my car at Keeper now, they do a good job vs Pom. This is just my personal exp, if I had a choice I would choose wrap.

For me after hearing all these, Pom is out. I passed by Sunshine in Jordan who quoted windows tinting (incl. the Pano roof)+coating for something like $8,500. He carries 3M coating materials but recommended another brand called "Meguiars" that he carries to me. If I wrap the car with transparent wrap, it will cost another $20K. He said the coating would only be good for 1 year and the coating for rim would be removed after several car washes. Not sure if this is the case for other coating brands. I think it is best with coating first and wrapping after for a more permanent and once and for all kind of treatment (unless the wrap is off). However, just don't know how it feels after the coating with the wrap and without the wrap.

Any comments/ideas?

Last edited:
after trying coating, i find it waste of money in terms protection wise. However, it does give the car richer shine. Coating also bring out the color of the wrap.

now, I would wrap with a different color + coating, instead of coating + wrap!

To our Asian eyes, coating gives you greater shine. It really doesn't protect paint. On the other hand, XPEL Ultimate film is only for protection. It will give you a little bit of orange peel look on the surface. If you need gloss on paint, I don't recommend XPEL. I have full XPEL on my car and it saved me from one small accident (XPEL scratched but no damage on paint), but I'm not really satisfied with the gloss even with carnauba wax over XPEL.

Many valid points.

I had my cars coated with Keeper diamond for the last 6 years, they were Keepre when they started out.

I just had my Model S coated with Pompanazzi, because I wanted to try something new, and I think they all looked the same when freshly coated, very shiny.

Coatings will degrade without proper care, I think this applies to all of them sadly.

They will give you a card after your 880XX coating, it's something like a log card. You'll get 36 car washes for $90 each if you did 880XX with them, otherwise the car wash is $180, the card is to record how many times you have used the $90 wash.

Every time I go for their car wash, they ask me for a "card", which I never got. Did you get it? What is it for?