Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pondering Model 3 Dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of RC's on the street testing all sorts of things and all displaying the same style of dash. Their has been a huge amount of conversation on these forums about a HUD or a more functional looking dash.

Here's a thought. Any chance the RC's have a bland dash so as to not reveal what the actual finished product will look like or contain until the July reveal?? After all, Tesla would have only had to stamp out a limited quantity of the RC dashes. Hmmmmm.

Possible? Not Possible?

Lots of RC's on the street testing all sorts of things and all displaying the same style of dash. Their has been a huge amount of conversation on these forums about a HUD or a more functional looking dash.

Here's a thought. Any chance the RC's have a bland dash so as to not reveal what the actual finished product will look like or contain until the July reveal?? After all, Tesla would have only had to stamp out a limited quantity of the RC dashes. Hmmmmm.

Possible? Not Possible?
No.
Robin

They've shown the same clean dashboard since day one, so it's not suddenly changing on the production version. I may be misremembering this, but didn't some people also speculate/hope Tesla would abandon the Falcon Wings doors with the production version of the Model X? I guess there may be an understandable reluctance to accept radical design changes in cars? For me, being different is what attracts me to Tesla.

I definitely do not like the plain dash panel. And I do not want a HUD. I want a typical instrument panel like what the Model S has.
Then you should buy a Model S, because the Model 3 is going to have a dash as shown in the hundreds of Model 3 photos posted since March 31 2017.

I am amused that you consider the Model S to have a "typical instrument panel", when in fact no other car company offers a production car with anything like the S/X dash. ;) Every other production car has bunches of buttons and knobs on the dash.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
If you mean the overall design then no, that will be staying the same. If you specifically mean the one wood grain pattern and interior materials we've seen then I think there's some room for change there. After all, the vast majority of the photos we've seen are from the outside. We've got inside shots of maybe 5-10 different cars and out of those perhaps less than 5 unique cars showing that wood strip cleanly. It's possible there are other inner variants we haven't photographed yet even in the RC cars - and I'd expect some other interior updates after all the Tesla employees get theirs.