TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Pondering Model 3 Dash

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PRSIST, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PRSIST

PRSIST Member

Lots of RC's on the street testing all sorts of things and all displaying the same style of dash. Their has been a huge amount of conversation on these forums about a HUD or a more functional looking dash.

Here's a thought. Any chance the RC's have a bland dash so as to not reveal what the actual finished product will look like or contain until the July reveal?? After all, Tesla would have only had to stamp out a limited quantity of the RC dashes. Hmmmmm.

Possible? Not Possible?

2. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

Not possible. We are getting what you see, and it will be excellent but take some adjustment for our dial minds.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Highly unlikely.

4. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury Member

Didn't we do this one already?

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. Stirthepot

Stirthepot Member

fine either way, just want to see the car on the road officially.

6. jonnyg

jonnyg Member

7. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

Not likely at all.

8. flamingoezz

flamingoezz Member

*bangs head against wall*

• Funny x 1
  9. PRSIST

PRSIST Member

Sorry for posting something that's been covered but I don't live on these blogs and won't read all of them to see what's been posted. So sorry for the inconvenience.

10. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury Member

Forgive my snarky cynicism. It's just some topics have been beaten to death over the last year.

11. N5329K

N5329K Member

No.
    Robin

12. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

They've shown the same clean dashboard since day one, so it's not suddenly changing on the production version. I may be misremembering this, but didn't some people also speculate/hope Tesla would abandon the Falcon Wings doors with the production version of the Model X? I guess there may be an understandable reluctance to accept radical design changes in cars? For me, being different is what attracts me to Tesla.

13. timk225

timk225 Member

I definitely do not like the plain dash panel. And I do not want a HUD. I want a typical instrument panel like what the Model S has.

14. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Then you should buy a Model S, because the Model 3 is going to have a dash as shown in the hundreds of Model 3 photos posted since March 31 2017.

I am amused that you consider the Model S to have a "typical instrument panel", when in fact no other car company offers a production car with anything like the S/X dash. ;) Every other production car has bunches of buttons and knobs on the dash.

• Helpful x 1
  15. Lukez

Lukez Member

I have a feeling there will be a lot of disappointed M3 reservation holders after the reveal. The M3 will be as basic as you can get.

16. ilg

ilg Some guy on the Internet.

And I have a feeling that you are very wrong.

17. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I reserved knowing the inside was minimalistic and clean looking... if it turned out that this wasn't true then I'd be disappointed.

• Like x 5
  18. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

Best to get the idea of a bait-and-switch dashboard out of your head. You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

• Like x 1
  19. TrickyDimitri

TrickyDimitri Soon...very soon.

I sure hope there is no bait and switch. I ❤️ the interior photos we have seen so far.

• Like x 1
  20. Big-T

Big-T Member

If you mean the overall design then no, that will be staying the same. If you specifically mean the one wood grain pattern and interior materials we've seen then I think there's some room for change there. After all, the vast majority of the photos we've seen are from the outside. We've got inside shots of maybe 5-10 different cars and out of those perhaps less than 5 unique cars showing that wood strip cleanly. It's possible there are other inner variants we haven't photographed yet even in the RC cars - and I'd expect some other interior updates after all the Tesla employees get theirs.