Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pondering new tires for 2015 MS 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My main thing is a good and safe tire. Because I run staggered tires in the summer and have sizeable snowfall in the winter, I need to be a bit more particular. My typical run can be the 250 miles between SF and Lake Tahoe or the 350+ miles from Tahoe to Las Vegas with side trips to Death Valley.

Staggered get the Toyo Proxes AS, all season tires with a good 40,000 mile rating. The set runs about $1000 from Discount Tires.

Last year winter set on regular 19” dedicated rims were the Toyo Celsius with the severe snow (mountain and snowflake rating). These are supposed to be good to about 50-60,000 miles. But I’d go for 25-30,000 for the snow. Again, about $1000 a set as I picked them up off of a takeoff via eBay (GA to CA)

Functionality being foremost, cost (including longevity) second, and then everything else (availability, noise, appearance, brand, etc) coming in after.

Tire update - yes I did put the Vredesteins on my '15 S 85D, 19" tires, this spring. I've put about 2K miles on since, and am happy with them. They are very quiet on asphalt roads, but do have tire noise on concrete. I'd love to find a tire that didn't whir on those roads. Traction and handling has been fine, no issues. I did see Zooomer's earlier comment on Pirelli P7's, though, so = ???
Can you please elaborate on the road noise on concrete roads? Is the road noise more than the oem tires with foam or is it bearable? Thank you