Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor auto pilot behavior after annual service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you ever driven a car that's way out of alignment? Let go of the steering wheel going 60mph, and it will pull you into the next lane quickly. AP then kicks in knowing the car is pulling a little and brings it back in. I can 100% see this being the culprit.

The OP might have been a little dramatic with the "violently" comment, but it's TMC, what do you expect.

I agree about the radar, which is why I left it out of my original reply...

Fair enough... I can't say I've driven anything that is that badly out of alignment, especially after a maintenance visit (regardless of who serviced or made the car). But I can see it as plausible for sure... I took the post literally and if you drop the "violently" then I'm more inclined to side with you as well...

Jeff

Reactions: Max*
Alignment issues, nor the radar, would cause the car (per the OP) to "immediately(and violently) pull to the right side of the lane and and go past the lane line at times"...

Sure alignment is important for a number of reasons but again, it doesn't explain the behavior reference by the OP at all. Nor does "recalibrating" the radar as again, what the OP described isn't controlled by the radar...

If people would have actually read the OP, the symptoms described, and then read the magic fix by the service center you'd realize they don't line up... Placebo effect is real...

Jeff
Not to open this can of worms again but my primary point here can get lost if I don't. Radar is now more heavily for AP than the camera. As of some late 7.x release or 8.0. I don't remember. AP issues are not purely software issues.