Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor charging speed in Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SFJC

Apr 4, 2021
Dallas
For those of us without home charging capability, we are dependent upon commercial charging stations for relatively fast charging. The Tesla station at Walnut Hill and Central is the only Tesla "high speed" charging station in the City of Dallas (72 kw). The speed of charging has gotten slower and slower since I bought my Model Y. Today (Easter Sunday) we were plugged in for over an hour and added only 90 miles (charging speeds were in the 20s). Please, Tesla, upgrade this station or add another high speed charging station. If I'd known what a time consumer charging was going to be, I would not have bought this car.

For those of us without home charging capability, we are dependent upon commercial charging stations for relatively fast charging. The Tesla station at Walnut Hill and Central is the only Tesla "high speed" charging station in the City of Dallas (72 kw). The speed of charging has gotten slower and slower since I bought my Model Y. Today (Easter Sunday) we were plugged in for over an hour and added only 90 miles (charging speeds were in the 20s). Please, Tesla, upgrade this station or add another high speed charging station. If I'd known what a time consumer charging was going to be, I would not have bought this car.

Maybe the windmills are still frozen up? LOL - too soon?

Tim

What's the hitch with getting charging at home or work? Hopefully there will be some grants coming soon in addition to the 30% tax credit that already exists.