Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor clear bra install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took my MY to get a full front clear bra with xpel and just got it back yesterday. Overall the xpel film itself is fantastic but the install was less than satisfactory. On the drive home one of fender side cameras fell completely off and was hanging. They tried to fix it by using double sided tape but i believe its supposed to be clipped in. Then when i got home i saw some of the edges lifting. And today theres more lifting and i just realized the cameras that were taped had clips that were damaged so that is why it did not attached. Its so frustrating they had it for 3 days i paid 1800 for it and they ended up damaging it. I dont know whether i should just give them a benefit of the doubt and let them fix it or just immediately try to get them to remove it and refund it.

there is more places where it is peeling i just dont have pictures of it

Give the shop an opportunity to fix the issues before you request a refund. If there's push back, contact XPEL to get them involved. If you're unable to get traction at that point, go down the path of a refund.

If they owned up to it from the get-go sure, but the fact that they never informed the customer that they broke his side camera housing and used double-sided tape is already a loss of goodwill. They let the customer drive off without informing him or her about the damage. That's pretty scummy.

I agree, you should give the shop the opportunity to make this right before putting them on blast.

However at the same time, I also think you should say the shop name so it acts as a PSA for people in the area who are looking for an Xpel retailer to install PPDF on their car. I'm not saying that people should avoid them, but rather it's good to see both good and bad reviews about places and then make your own decision on whether you want to use their service & product after the fact.

I'm not in Riverside but I did look into a few Xpel retailers in the area and was about to use one of them for my Model Y (before Tesla cancelled my original order, but I still intend on getting Xpel installed), so I would like to know if this is the same place or if it's another Xpel retailer just for my own knowledge.

Let us know how this turns out.

Comment: IMHO, the most frustrating part of ownership is taking your vehicle to a "professional" for service and then paying someone else to fix the screw-up made by that "professional".
I love Tesla Cars, but this seems like the makings of another kind of hell. Takes car to get PPF, gets damaged, takes Tesla to Service Center to get fixed, gets different damage. lol