TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Poor connectivity, and radio with the high temp...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by zambono, Jun 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. zambono

zambono Member

Could be related to the high temps we have now in the mid atlantic or maybe the haziness but just wanted to see if others are having poor cell connectivity and poor radio in the car.

2. BlueRocket

BlueRocket S90D HW2

Yes, had a connection issue the other day (temperature in the 90s) with LTE but didn't connect it to the temperature. Yesterday no problem despite high temperatures. I usually don't use the radio so can't comment on that.

3. zambono

zambono Member

I get 1 bar at times, slacker songs keep cutting off etc.
    No connectivity in a parking garage which used to connect

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I have a hard time thinking that there is any correlation between high temps and the issues you're seeing. I live in FLA and it's been hot here since may, the temps you're see in the NE are normal here and I am not seeing any problems like you're having.

5. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Have you reseated the LTE card? I have seen a few posts that resolve connectivity issues by doing this.

6. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Provided that always connected is not checked, the connectivity module will be powered down automatically while the car is not in use.

7. zambono

zambono Member

If the SIM card were loose I wouldn't have any connection I would assume and I have a slow connection even while driving. I'll see if I can do anything to alleviate the issue

8. zambono

zambono Member

I don't think it's temperature related, I have poorer connectivity than my iPhone , poor wifi, and now my homelink won't work every time