Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor delivery estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If only if only tesla would actually incentivise us to stay when they are 3 months late on their estimate.. august... late sept early oct now late oct early November.

No reason why they couldn't make it in q3 and now I have no idea and its getting worse this waiting.

You would think tesla would do something to remind us why we want the car and incentivise us to stay. in the meantime others are making equal cars or similar and loosing customers with no care for those cancelling.
I can only imagine how bad it is for the early deposit/reservation holders. this is now getting ridiculous.

I talked to the Tesla sale rep what I wanted on 9/25/2019 afternoon, he called me back after couple hours later and informed me there was one in stock. Processed the loan and other paperwork. Picked up the vehicle on 9/27/2019!

White exterior, White interior, Long range, add 6kusd for FSD.

Attachments

• F93C7DCE-D673-49E1-8648-6FDA105D6A98.jpeg
    F93C7DCE-D673-49E1-8648-6FDA105D6A98.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 6A85931D-50B8-457D-B89D-9CB4451681EB.jpeg
    6A85931D-50B8-457D-B89D-9CB4451681EB.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 5CD20104-BD1B-4122-A4B3-EA194E2FAB9A.jpeg
    5CD20104-BD1B-4122-A4B3-EA194E2FAB9A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • BED52F50-2736-495A-8498-3554B49A7D9C.jpeg
    BED52F50-2736-495A-8498-3554B49A7D9C.jpeg
    698.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 541A18FD-53ED-458F-9967-D92794AE5C78.jpeg
    541A18FD-53ED-458F-9967-D92794AE5C78.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 4321C3FA-71E1-4843-96C1-8982408BC218.jpeg
    4321C3FA-71E1-4843-96C1-8982408BC218.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 08E159D8-841A-46E7-A1E3-DA669A6BF5DA.jpeg
    08E159D8-841A-46E7-A1E3-DA669A6BF5DA.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 47
  • C9C176B5-6929-4E8E-87D6-0EF596789BF6.jpeg
    C9C176B5-6929-4E8E-87D6-0EF596789BF6.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 50
If only if only tesla would actually incentivise us to stay when they are 3 months late on their estimate.. august... late sept early oct now late oct early November.

No reason why they couldn't make it in q3 and now I have no idea and its getting worse this waiting.

You would think tesla would do something to remind us why we want the car and incentivise us to stay. in the meantime others are making equal cars or similar and loosing customers with no care for those cancelling.
I can only imagine how bad it is for the early deposit/reservation holders. this is now getting ridiculous.

Since you believe someone is making "equal cars or similar" then you should cancel your reservation and purchase said equal car or similar. They are not going to pay you because your car is late, even though you are not in the US according to your location.

Vote with your money (and cancel) not your keyboard

Since you believe someone is making "equal cars or similar" then you should cancel your reservation and purchase said equal car or similar. They are not going to pay you because your car is late, even though you are not in the US according to your location.

Vote with your money (and cancel) not your keyboard

We could do what emirates has recently done with airbus and boeng. Told them they arnt taking the delivery until all the problems are sorted and that's with something as complicated as an aircraft... that's virtually impossible so they are setting a very high bar. its not like they aren't actually asking for a lot just what they were promised!

We by analogy have been promised a car by a date at a spec that wont fall apart. (cough paint peeling, rust etc). to continue the analogy that means rejecting as well as demanding they stick to the dates promised. If I don't have this car by the end of October I will be doing what you say the stress for an autistic is not healthy.

I talked to the Tesla sale rep what I wanted on 9/25/2019 afternoon, he called me back after couple hours later and informed me there was one in stock. Processed the loan and other paperwork. Picked up the vehicle on 9/27/2019!

White exterior, White interior, Long range, add 6kusd for FSD.
not comparible you are in the usa you could drive there and wait for one to drop of the line.

We could do what emirates has recently done with airbus and boeng. Told them they arnt taking the delivery until all the problems are sorted and that's with something as complicated as an aircraft... that's virtually impossible so they are setting a very high bar. its not like they aren't actually asking for a lot just what they were promised!

We by analogy have been promised a car by a date at a spec that wont fall apart. (cough paint peeling, rust etc). to continue the analogy that means rejecting as well as demanding they stick to the dates promised. If I don't have this car by the end of October I will be doing what you say the stress for an autistic is not healthy.

By your original post, you have several "equal cars or similar" you can choose from now, so I am not sure why you are not canceling NOW, if you feel strongly enough to come to a message board and complain.

I get people being frustrated. I DONT get the desire to come to a message board and basically "rattle sabers" saying "if I dont get what I want I am going to take my ball and go home!". Why not just "take your ball and go home"? You mention there are other choices, you are right, buying a car is not something people should get all worked up over.

Now you are mentioning "peeling paint / rust" on a car you dont even have yet, likely based off internet forums or "friends / neighbors / facebook". Might happen on your car, might not, but you are already prepared to be upset about it.

As you say, life is too short to stress like that over a new car. Just cancel your order now, and move on to one of those "equal cars" you mentioned. You will likely be happier, and with the way you are already prepared for "a fight" on a car you dont have yet, tesla would likely be happier as well.

By your original post, you have several "equal cars or similar" you can choose from now, so I am not sure why you are not canceling NOW, if you feel strongly enough to come to a message board and complain.

I get people being frustrated. I DONT get the desire to come to a message board and basically "rattle sabers" saying "if I dont get what I want I am going to take my ball and go home!". Why not just "take your ball and go home"? You mention there are other choices, you are right, buying a car is not something people should get all worked up over.

Now you are mentioning "peeling paint / rust" on a car you dont even have yet, likely based off internet forums or "friends / neighbors / facebook". Might happen on your car, might not, but you are already prepared to be upset about it.

As you say, life is too short to stress like that over a new car. Just cancel your order now, and move on to one of those "equal cars" you mentioned. You will likely be happier, and with the way you are already prepared for "a fight" on a car you dont have yet, tesla would likely be happier as well.
Agree with this ...
As stated vote with your money. I’m sure MANY people considered a Tesla esp a model 3 and did not buy because it was not for them for some reason or another
Maybe outside the U.S. there is a comparable vehicle near this price point that I am not aware of ... if there is one avail in the U.S. PLEASE point me toward it I am interested
Why not wait for actual delivery to worry about quality control issues ...the internet is a horrible statistical indicator of such things ... personally issues with my model 3 were extremely minor

Reactions: jjrandorin