Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had our Model Y for around 18 months and mostly love it. Suspension sucks but everything else is amazing and it saved the wife in a terrible wreck. So when they announced the $7500 discount on inventory cars I immediately jumped on a M3P with comfort suspension, being told as long as I financed with Tesla then the delivery wouldn't be a problem. While I've been around the block enough to expect the end of the year insanity, the way Tesla treated us this past week has been beyond reproach and I will personally be steering friends and loved ones away from the brand for the foreseeable future.

-Ordered on the 22nd, completed steps on the 23rd, immediately given the 28th at noon as a delivery date. Hooray. Delivery location for our western NY area is Mt. Kisco, a roughly 6 hour slog across the state we've done twice before. Booked a hotel near Albany to visit family to and make the driving a bit more manageable.

-27th at 6:30 PM as we're pulling into the hotel we get a text the car isn't at Mt Kisco. We ask for a call and someone informs us the car we ordered from Mt. Kisco is actually in Jersey, being shipped in, and will arrive late on the 28th. Reschedule for noon on the 29th so they can clean and inspect the car.

-28th at 7 PM we get a text that the car still isn't in Mt. Kisco. FREAK OUT. Demand a call back. Informed "due to high volumes no call back will be provided". Cop out to not get screamed at. We receive a polite text that the car is definitely on a truck and will arrive at midnight on the 29th. Reschedule one last time for noon on the 30th (today).

-30th at 9 am we set off to Mt. Kisco and text them to make sure the car arrived. They don't open until 10, but we needed to leave at 9 to make our noon appointment. We drive for 2 hours before getting a text that "the car never left NJ, but we're going to try and figure it out". We lose our goddamn minds and ask for a call back. No one calls. We ask if we should turn around. No reply. We turn around, incredulous, having spent more than 3 days and nearly a grand on hotels, food, and the order fee while Tesla cannot even be bothered to let us talk to a human, despite our repeated pleas. We set off toward home, driving for over 2 hours before the manager finally calls us. Tells us he put the car on a one-vehicle transport and it "would definitely arrive by 6". I inform him we're physically ill from the stress of being lied to and ignored for 3 days and that we're not turning back around, requesting he refund our order fee.

Drove 6 hours home with nothing to show for any of it, save for getting the literal *sugar* kicked out of us by the MYs suspension on the battered NY Thruway.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Cookies and Kairide