Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was ever hopeful that I'd get a good delivery experience and was foiled again - it really sucked.

Here is how they do it today:

I ordered online Jan 14 sitting in my easy chair watching an NFL playoff game. I ordered a Blue Model 3 Performance with a white / black premium interior. The car in the flesh is gorgeous - wife loves it - I love it - and the performance makes me laugh - even coming from a Porsche 911!

Anyway - on Jan 17 I received a text that my VIN had been assigned - woo hoo! 10 min later I got the text that my delivery could be scheduled - wow. I logged on and I could have it delivered Monday, Jan 23 at 10am - OK - great.

In the meantime my 911 sold. Cash in the bank toward the M3P. We drive over to the local Tesla yard the day before delivery and see the vehicle sitting in the prep area. . . yay! The car is actually here.

I fill out the information for insurance, etc. I go to the bank and pick up a check this morning - and drive over to Tesla to pick up the vehicle.

We get there 10 min early - and the sales office doesn't open til 10 - we go into Service and let them know we are there. They go back and notify the sales staff.

1005. No one. 1010 Nothing. 1015 a woman comes out and tells me it will be another 10 min, they had another delivery set for 10am? WTF? I asked her if it was going to be 10 min or 30? Just be honest- lmk so I can plan the rest of my day. She BS's me with 10 min.

1020, 1025 -- I wander over to the side of the sales area and see someone working on my car - detailing it. It's plugged into the supercharger.

1030. 1040. 1045 - 1050 - someone comes out and says my vehicle is ready.

I bitch loudly about wasting an hour of my time because a) they had someone else scheduled and b) the vehicle was not ready - respect is the name of the game going both ways in life - I got zippo. Finally because I would not put up with the saga they brought out the manager of the store - he tells me that the prep guy prepped the wrong car - ok - stuff happens. And keeps happening apparently.

I asked him who was supervising this yesterday - since we came over and saw the vehicle sitting unprepped in their inside prep area. I got the look I always get - folks - I'm a lawyer - I've been asking questions now for 37 years. I know what to ask. And how to listen,

I then asked him if they had working telephones and why they could not call me to respectfully inform me that the vehicle would not be ready until 11 - that might have annoyed me a little but I would not have wasted an hour in their stupid waiting room. I understand - its hard to find help Its hard to keep help. It's virtually impossible to match a VIN on an order to a VIN on a car to a VIN on a prep form - I understand thats asking too much.

Next- I drive off - and music streaming and calendar sync does not work . . . . two more things I have to deal with them about now.

Tesla delivery truly sucks. I got 2000 supercharging miles for my trouble. That'll work.
At least you got supercharge miles out of it. I waited close to two hours after my scheduled pick up time to get my car... they blamed that the title documentation for my trade-in got screwed up and were waiting for the paperwork to come in from another location, and got nothing. Then, because it was pouring rain, it was hard to do an inspection. Luckily nothing was wrong with the car.

Reactions: comanchepilot