TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Poor interior material selection...

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SabrToothSqrl, Jun 26, 2017.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

So, this material... I'll call it dirt sucker -magnet 2.0. Seems to get so dirty, and it's impossible to get clean. I've used what Tesla suggested... foaming car carpet cleaner.

On my Tahoe, the material looks identical to this, but when you touch it, it's a hard plastic that 1. doesn't capture dirt. 2. wipes clean with a rag or wipe.

So... what is everyone doing to clean this, short of replacing it? I ride windows down, top open, ALL the time. if I have to blast the heat or A/C to do that.. windows down is the priority.

I love the look of the new black interior, can I replace just this piece w/the black? How would that look?

It's really a shame how this gets so dirty... the pic is bad, sorry, snapped it fast, I'll try to get more, but it just looks awful...

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Max*

Max* Banned

Switch to a black headliner? ;)

3. kev1n

kev1n Member

I wouldn't say its a poor choice of material, its a premium material that most normal car buyers dont choose because its not easy to take care of. They have a textile option that may have been a better choice for you if you dont want the upkeep.

i would question why you would drive with the windows down vs having HVAC on, you're not saving much energy or may even be using more energy having the windows open and by looking at your 370wh/mile on a S85 seems like you're creating a lot of drag/having high energy consumption.

4. SabrToothSqrl

I don't believe there were any options back in 2013 for the ceiling :(

5. SabrToothSqrl

How much for just the B-Pillar, and how do you go about getting the seat-belt through it?

6. Max*

Max* Banned

I was being facetious, Tesla would probably offer to sell you a new car instead.

• Like x 1
  7. SabrToothSqrl

Seems the same solution they'd have to the rattle in my dash!

• Funny x 1
  8. kev1n

kev1n Member

you probably just have to unbolt the seat belt on the lower side and route it through the hole. should be pretty easy.