Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Manufacturing QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my Model S and in a short 2 weeks:

1- learned my bass was never plugged in at the factory
2- front part of the roof is collapsing on the driver side
3- a piece of leather from the steering wheel is sticking out
4- some foam is showing up on the sunroof one one side but not the other...

other than that everything is golden but little manufacturing defects is starting to really steal the magic of the car away. do you guys have the same experience?
tesla.jpg

I found it very educational to look at the OP's @RafaelM81 Twitter feed. Seems like many of the companies and people he comes across have had very serious shortcomings. Possibly a run of very bad luck. Or something.
I didn't look at the posts, but one of the best uses of Twitter, at least to me, is getting attention from companies when you have a problem. I bet my Twitter feed looks essentially like a string of bad experiences because that's pretty much the only reason I post there.

I'm glad he posted so we all have better info. Why the haterade on OPs original post?
Because this is his first post on this forum. People love to whine and complain when something goes wrong rather than actually contact the people that can fix the problem. Making a tweet tagging Musk and then making a post on a forum is not going to actually get anything done...

Some people on here simply don't like any news items that shed negative light on Tesla...justified or not.
Or some people don't like people that just whine on the internet. Just about everyone here that has a Model S or X has had a problem or three than had to be fixed. It takes a special snowflake to think that there issue is so unique that it warrens effort from the CEO of the company.

Reactions: kavyboy
Or maybe they don't like when people give them no option to do anything to help. What are we supposed to do? We don't know what the OP has done about this apart from post a whine here and email the CEO.

I think bringing awareness to other potential owners that there are items to definitely look out for before accepting delivery is doing a service to the community.

Maybe you should.
Other than being way more vulgar than necessary in practically every situation, it's pretty much what I expected. What am I supposed to be seeing here? Having bad experiences with Comcast, the TSA, American Airlines, and GEICO over a 2 year period is not something I'm terribly surprised about.

Mine doesn't look all that different, save the vulgarity: gizmotoy (@gizmotoy) on Twitter

Guess I also had a serious run of bad luck. ;)

Other than being way more vulgar than necessary in practically every situation, it's pretty much what I expected. What am I supposed to be seeing here? Publishing on Twitter about bad experiences with EGOPowerPlus, Samsung, amazonPrime, Lowes, Delta Airlines, HBO, Southwest Airlines, ContainerStore, adobe, Celestron, Apple, Florida Department of Transportation, Kenmore, Fort Lauderdale Police Dept., Miami Beach Police Dept., @hydebeachhouse, Hayneedle, CityFurnitureUS, TAMA Airlines, Disney, Celebrity Cruises, Comcast, the TSA, American Airlines, and GEICO over a 2 year period is not something I'm terribly surprised about.

Mine doesn't look all that different, save the vulgarity: gizmotoy (@gizmotoy) on Twitter

Guess I also had a serious run of bad luck. ;)

Fixed that for you -- but please feel free to make of it what you will.