Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Manufacturing QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla lacks quality control, and the delivery process (at least in Tampa) leads one to believe that there is no real preparation or inspection. My 90D delivered in October had ants inside and outside, and a rocker panel that was misaligned . I got some relief by sending photos and a letter to "Mr. Elon Musk or Whoever Reads his Mail" to Fremont.

In terms of car manufacturing and selling tesla is a startup baby company just born yesterday. It's going thru growing pains and I considered that before taking the plunge. I am aware of the risks of spending 120k of my hard earned cash with tesla and accept it. In the end I hope the pluses outnumber the minuses.

My Volkswagen had a mirror switch fall off right after delivery and a vent that did not work. I went to my dealer and they fixed them both with an apology. I didn't send a letter to the CEO. They have been building cars for 70 years longer, so it's basically even less acceptable that they would have QA issues, yet they do. I think asking the OP if they have attempted the normal channels for remedy is entirely reasonable.

Tesla lacks quality control, and the delivery process (at least in Tampa) leads one to believe that there is no real preparation or inspection. My 90D delivered in October had ants inside and outside, and a rocker panel that was misaligned . I got some relief by sending photos and a letter to "Mr. Elon Musk or Whoever Reads his Mail" to Fremont.
Did you bring this up to the Tesla employee that was standing next to you at the time of delivery?