Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor model Y QC on delivery day !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I went up to Carlsbad to take delivery of my midnight silver/ no other option model Y ( ordered April 2 ). I reserved the first possible delivery time of 1030 AM. I took off work, arranged childcare and spent 44 to Uber up there.
I received a text as I approached from the delivery staff that they need to delay delivery. I saw this as I approached the parking lot do I just went in to see what was going on.

Apparently there is an error with the car reading the 12 V battery. Changing it would not resolve the situation. They needed to consult the engineers at headquarters. They sent me home in an Uber and said they would give an update. They said it could be days to resolve. Unfortunately my lease is going need renewing a second time in days.

Don’t they QC these ahead of time at the factory? It’s not just a misalignment or gap. Sounds like something way more serious. This does nothing for my confidence in the car. Not a great experience so far!

at least it has biohazard mode 🤦‍♂️

Thanks! So true. No, I sat in their waiting room. The service advisor called later and informed me they are still troubleshooting with engineers remotely in Fremont . He said it seems like there is some sort of short. Still no ETA and my lease is expiring fast. Lol.

I’m so desperate for a car I asked my sales advisor if I could get a loaner if I made final payment. I was informed that Tesla does not give out loaners.

My recommendation to anyone would be to NOT book the first available delivery time in case things need to be worked out.

Thanks! So true. No, I sat in their waiting room. The service advisor called later and informed me they are still troubleshooting with engineers remotely in Fremont . He said it seems like there is some sort of short. Still no ETA and my lease is expiring fast. Lol.

I’m so desperate for a car I asked my sales advisor if I could get a loaner if I made final payment. I was informed that Tesla does not give out loaners.

My recommendation to anyone would be to NOT book the first available delivery time in case things need to be worked out.
Any updates?