Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Others here have mentioned normal factors that can greatly effect range. All of these factors greatly effect ICE range as well but since there are fueling stations everywhere you folks don't notice as much when they're pulling over twice as often to gas up.

You didn't mention what your battery degradation currently is. i.e. what is your rated range at 100% charge (not Ideal range)? You can also calculate this at your current state of charge by taking noting your current state of charge (SOC), switching the settings to display range will give you miles or current range rated range. Then maximum rated range will = current rated range / SOC / 100.

Maybe you have significant degradation but you won't know till you either charge to 100% and then look at rated range by switching the display settings OR doing the above calculation if you're not going to charge to 100% to check.

The other thing to check is wheel alignment. Misalignment can reduce range dramatically.

Cold does have a big impact, but not as big as the OP is reporting. My P85D on my way to work with no winds at 70F will average maybe 290 wh/mile but when it's 32F out, that will climb to 315 wh / mile.
how do i do this mate?