Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poorest quality part of the '21 MS is.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I thought the carpet mats that come with the car were the lamest physical part of the car. I mean those are truly dollar store quality and a joke. Sure they're just mats, but on a 100k+ car? But my new beef is the absolutely CRAP quality of the exterior cameras. I mean I almost ripped one off again the other day just drying my car. Not only are the cheap flimsy plastic, they are barely on there.I'm just waiting for one to fall off. When I compare these external cameras to my wife's '21 MYP it's like night and day. On the P they are MUCH sturdier and mounted far better. Not sure why they went so poor quality wise on the S cameras. I had my car into a local SC recently for an issue and the guys there agreed and were puzzled at why they are they way they are....

Well I thought the carpet mats that come with the car were the lamest physical part of the car. I mean those are truly dollar store quality and a joke. Sure they're just mats, but on a 100k+ car? But my new beef is the absolutely CRAP quality of the exterior cameras. I mean I almost ripped one off again the other day just drying my car. Not only are the cheap flimsy plastic, they are barely on there.I'm just waiting for one to fall off. When I compare these external cameras to my wife's '21 MYP it's like night and day. On the P they are MUCH sturdier and mounted far better. Not sure why they went so poor quality wise on the S cameras. I had my car into a local SC recently for an issue and the guys there agreed and were puzzled at why they are they way they are....
Yep, agreed. I also have a 2021 MYP. The worst are the front fender cameras that catch any and all cleaning clothes. Real shite quality.

Not sure if they've been upgraded on newer models, but the poorest quality part on my 2019 Model S I've seen so far are the headlight adjustment screws. They are made of a cheap white plastic that will strip if you look at them funny. I was surprised to see how Tesla went so cheap on headlight adjustment screws on a $85,000 car.

Reactions: jebinc
I posted the same thing.. Its really sharp and catches every thing. I told my Tesla SC and they told me they are aware.