TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pop-up energy graph?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mspohr, Oct 25, 2015.

1. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

Has anyone else noticed this?... What does it mean?
    I don't display the energy graph on my drivers screen since I like to keep it uncluttered and I don't find any value in the energy graph.
    However, today I was driving I80 over Donner Summit down to the valley and I noticed that the energy graph suddenly appeared (it kind of slid in from the right). It was there a few seconds and then slid back out to the right. A few minutes later the same thing happened.
    The graph showed regen for the last 10 miles or so (which was expected since this is a long steep downhill). It also showed a small yellow "alert" triangle in the lower right quadrant. There was no message displayed.
    I have no idea why this appeared or what it means.
    Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on why it appeared?

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

No but I thought I saw something in the new manual about that. Could it be Range mode was turned on by the car?

3. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

The energy app will temporarily show up if your regen is limited as a way to alert you about that condition.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

This. The yellow alert triangle was trying to tell you if regen or power was limited. The arc would be faded out where the limit is.

5. Soolim

Soolim Member

Have not experience it yet, but it is a good idea.

6. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

That makes sense. I was on a long downhill and the car had been in regen for 10 - 15 miles after a steep climb over the summit. The section where it popped up is a steep downhill. At that point I had a charge of about 200 miles.

7. stevem

stevem Member

I had my energy graph on the left, and when I used the nav it popped up a couple times. I think it was when I was low on juice and power was limited or full and cold and regen was limited. It was so quick I didn't really see the problem, but every time it popped up, I think those conditions were there, so that's probably what it was.

Guess it's a good idea. Might have been better to highlight the condition or leave it up there for a longer time (I think it stays on for about a second or 2, not long enough to really know what's going on).

8. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Because modus operandi in v7 is to watch your dash, not the road! :p

9. Majerus

Majerus Member

Happens to me as well I emailed service help about it to see what they can find.

James

10. samuel

samuel Member

Same here. I keep the energy graph up but I have noticed on a longer drive this weekend that the triangle showed up a few times (seemed random) without any error message or without any limited power/regen indicator.