Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pop-up energy graph?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
Has anyone else noticed this?... What does it mean?
I don't display the energy graph on my drivers screen since I like to keep it uncluttered and I don't find any value in the energy graph.
However, today I was driving I80 over Donner Summit down to the valley and I noticed that the energy graph suddenly appeared (it kind of slid in from the right). It was there a few seconds and then slid back out to the right. A few minutes later the same thing happened.
The graph showed regen for the last 10 miles or so (which was expected since this is a long steep downhill). It also showed a small yellow "alert" triangle in the lower right quadrant. There was no message displayed.
I have no idea why this appeared or what it means.
Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on why it appeared?

The energy app will temporarily show up if your regen is limited as a way to alert you about that condition.
That makes sense. I was on a long downhill and the car had been in regen for 10 - 15 miles after a steep climb over the summit. The section where it popped up is a steep downhill. At that point I had a charge of about 200 miles.

I had my energy graph on the left, and when I used the nav it popped up a couple times. I think it was when I was low on juice and power was limited or full and cold and regen was limited. It was so quick I didn't really see the problem, but every time it popped up, I think those conditions were there, so that's probably what it was.

Guess it's a good idea. Might have been better to highlight the condition or leave it up there for a longer time (I think it stays on for about a second or 2, not long enough to really know what's going on).

Has anyone else noticed this?... What does it mean?
I don't display the energy graph on my drivers screen since I like to keep it uncluttered and I don't find any value in the energy graph.
However, today I was driving I80 over Donner Summit down to the valley and I noticed that the energy graph suddenly appeared (it kind of slid in from the right). It was there a few seconds and then slid back out to the right. A few minutes later the same thing happened.
The graph showed regen for the last 10 miles or so (which was expected since this is a long steep downhill). It also showed a small yellow "alert" triangle in the lower right quadrant. There was no message displayed.
I have no idea why this appeared or what it means.
Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on why it appeared?

Happens to me as well I emailed service help about it to see what they can find.

James