Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Popular phone apps you would like to see ported to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

InTheShadows

Apr 20, 2013
USA
I know we all have thought it. "It'd be awesome if they made ... app for the Tesla.

I know some of these have been mentioned elsewhere but I thought it would be nice to have them all in one area.

I'll start off with a fee I would love to see.

1. Waze
2. Urbanspoon
3. Pandora
4. Gasbuddy ... Oops, I mean PlugShare
5. Kayak, expedia, travelocity, Priceline, etc.
6. A weather app with radar, possibly as a layer for over the nav map

Those are my top pics. What are yours?

I'll +1 Waze as well, but I'd also love to see Rhapsody integration - maybe not necessarily as an App but as an additional service in addition to Slacker. Basically I want something where I can tell it I want to listen to a particular album and listen to all the songs on that album. Unless I'm missing something, you can't do that with Slacker (at least not with the version on the MS).

I'd also really like to see a "real" browser in there which Elon has already indicated is happening soon (Google Chrome). Something with some proper HTML5 support would be great. Video would be a bonus for the kids to watch from the back, but I'm not holding my breath because of legal issues.

... but I'd also love to see Rhapsody integration - maybe not necessarily as an App but as an additional service in addition to Slacker. Basically I want something where I can tell it I want to listen to a particular album and listen to all the songs on that album. Unless I'm missing something, you can't do that with Slacker (at least not with the version on the MS).

This. I like listening to entire albums

Regarding Waze: I see that Google is adding some Waze integration to their maps. I think it would be better to have this type of integration, rather than a new map app.

waze
twitter
Lync
office 365
video recording with cloud storage
flipboard
spotify
xbox music
video app
home control app
home surveliance app
great webbrowser with support for HTML5, java, flash etc etc
way to extend local storage plus configure cloud storage (with options)
Bing map, bing search, bing translate

I use Waze routinely for nav in my other cars. However, since Google has purchased Waze and appears to be in the process of adding Waze info to their own traffic apps, I see no reason to port the Waze app to the Tesla display.

This I did not know. Are the putting all the hazard items and traffic jam reporting features in it too? The social aspect of it?