Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Popular phone apps you would like to see ported to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pandora and Spotify will be available at some point in version 5.x:

Any update on the now quiet SDK rumors - Page 3

Pandora and Spotify will be available in firmware Version 5.0

The US Manual is based on V4.0 and has no reference to Pandora or Spotify.
The European Manual is based on V5.0 and references both Pandora and Spotify

US Manual: http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/def...ners_guide.pdf

This document describes the features available at time of printing for: MODEL S SOFTWARE: v4.0
NOTE: Features released in subsequent versions of software are not described in this document. However, you can display information about the newest
features by viewing the Release Notes on the Model*S touchscreen. These Release Notes are displayed on the touchscreen after a software update, and
can be displayed at any time by touching the Tesla T at the top center of the touchscreen, and then touching the Release Notes link (see page 29). If
information provided in this document conflicts with information in the Release Notes, the Release Notes take precedence.

European Manual: (Attached) Model S Owners Manual - EU English (lower res).pdf
This document describes the features available at time of printing for: MODEL S SOFTWARE Version: 5.0
Features released in subsequent versions of software are not described in this document. However, you can
display information about the newest features by viewing the Release Notes on the Model S touchscreen. These
Release Notes are displayed on the touchscreen after a software update, and can be displayed at any time by
touching the Tesla “T” at the top center of the touchscreen, then touching the Release Notes link (see
page 5.24). If information provided in this document conflicts with information in the Release Notes, the Release
Notes take precedence.

HOMELINK® and the HOMELINK® house icon are registered trademarks of Johnson Controls, Inc. Bluetooth® is a
registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. Android™ and
Google Maps™ are trademarks of Google, Inc. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM
Radio Inc. Pandora is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc. Spotify is a registered trademark of the Spotify
Group.
All other trademarks contained in this document are the property of their respective owners and their use
herein does not imply sponsorship or endorsement of their products or services. The unauthorized use of any
trademark displayed in this document or on the vehicle is strictly prohibited.

Last edited:
Waze would make the most sense if you could interact and report things without taking your hands off the wheel, i.e., "Waze, there's a car on the left shoulder 100 yards ahead"; "Waze, I just passed a state trooper with a radar gun on the right shoulder".

Waze would make the most sense if you could interact and report things without taking your hands off the wheel, i.e., "Waze, there's a car on the left shoulder 100 yards ahead"; "Waze, I just passed a state trooper with a radar gun on the right shoulder".

Just use the existing commands with the voice button.

Oh yea, while I am at it, it would be nice to somehow pass voice commands to Siri. Also "dial 800 555 1212" should work too. I tried that the other day and to no avail.

MOG.... No other music app comes close.

ive also been hoping for what wcalvin describes. Nothing else would be necessary other than interaction between phone apps and google maps on the car. I just can't wait for having various route options presented to me, rather than only getting whichever one it wants. I do like that the timing now takes in to account traffic rather than a false estimate for if the roads were clear.

um, how about TESLA MOTORS CLUB FORUM??? (tapatalk or any other app to get TMC on there! or native TMC app!!)

oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, WAZE

facebook (because we all need to be on facebook while driving)

angry birds star wars

Camp & RV (awesome app for finding 50 amp NEMA 14-50s at campsites!)

Google Earth (just because....)

Twitter and Youtube w\ BlackVue integration (so you can tweet/youtube Random Model S sighting in real time! lol)

Amazon.com (so I can do all my shopping when I am driving)

Sidecar/Ridejoy (offer rideshare in Model S!)