TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Porsche 800V chargers being brought online

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Anzir, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

2. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

I loved the picture showing it charging at 75kW. I’m not convinced their batteries can handle close to 300kW charging without degradation. Perhaps they have some magic sauce that Tesla doesn’t know about, but I doubt it.

• Like x 1
  3. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

Like Elon said, the problem is the battery not the charger. I agree with @alpinebum , most likely Tesla has the most advanced battery technology as of now.

• Like x 1
  4. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Double the voltage makes for half the current. Batteries charge by current (C rate). If a Model S battery can take 125 kW at a low state of charge then two in series can take 250 kW. It purely depends on the capacity of P's battery (as in, if its like Tesla and around 100 kW-Hr, it would be hard to do 250 kW charging and have the thing last any time at all but if its 200 kW-Hr.....) I'll bet the new Roadster can charge at a phenomenal rate :)

5. tccartier

tccartier Member

6. miimura

miimura Active Member

Lights on, nobody's home?

• Funny x 1