Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche 911 owner -- drove P85+ yesterday -- deposit placed -- MANY QUESTIONS :-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey DIL,

I am literally FROZEN with indecision. On saturday when I spec'd the order I went from Burlingame to Palo Alto to look at as many combinations as possible. Then on Sunday went to Fremont factory to look at some more. Then yesterday, I went back to Burlingame to stare at more.

I literally cannot decide -- feeling like the finalists are (all with grey wheels) -- Grey, Pearl White, Blue. I feel like purely based on looks, the Grey really catches my eye -- but I'm worried that I'll get tired of it since my current car (Porsche 911) is also grey, albeit a lighter shade. BUT, I do plan to sell the 911. Also, MC red looks great to me indoors but a little to bright for my tastes in the sun.

I have until the 25th to finalize -- I'm very confident I will take every single minute until then to figure out what I want!

Option wise, I feel pretty good with my choices -- mostly leaning towards black leather but also liking tan in certain combos. A little back and forth on performance vs standard seats, the whether i want matte or gloss obeche.

Man, so much to figure out!

DIL, what 403 HAS decided is that the P85+ IS the only way to go...so what are you waiting on? How can we help???

Tex - you are the ultimate high school guidance counselor. "I'm here for you, I just want to help you reach your full potential".

I'm still supsicious that you're wearing a red and white "T" badge, my friend

But I am here to help :wink:

As to being a Tesla employee, hardly.

I bought my P+ in Austin just like everyone else.

I did buy a jacket that has a Tesla "T" on the front that is cool--and finally getting the season to wear it!

hooray! while we were all chatting on line you were out ordering the car of your dreams.

colors: FWIW i keep coming back to grey even though my existing car is grey too.

we are so lucky to live in the bay area. you may as well complete your tour by visiting the new palo alto showroom and the santana row store. i know it sounds weird, but it does give you a different feel to see the different colors in different environments. i learn something new everytime i visit.congrats again!

Heh. Same here, sort of. Who would have thought my mid-life crisis car would have 7 seats?

One thing that pushed me to act sooner rather than later was my feeling that a) the price on these is unlikely to go down in the mid-term, and in fact seems more likely to go up, and b) money is not going to get any cheaper, and probably will get more expensive.
It's the most reasonable 4 second mid life crisis car I can think of :)

I'm not an audiophile. My headphones at home at $70 Grados and I think they sound great. So I've been happy with the base sound system, especially since HD Radio is included. FLAC off a thumb drive sounds really good to my ear, but as I said, I am not terribly discriminating.

Get the gray. You'll be pleased. It's got a lot of character up close and in person...changes color with the light...it's not something you're going to get tired of, I don't think.

I'm late to the game on this thread, but here's my 2 cents on P vs P+. I had my P serviced over the weekend, and I had the P85+ as a loaner. I had not driven a P+ before, so I was not convinced about the handling differences... But after the weekend I am absolutely blown away by the huge differences in handling and stability the P+ has over the P. So, now I am having a mega remorse over my current P! Now I want a P85+!!!!

How did Tex miss converting you before it was too late?

I was in a similar boat with S vs. P. My recommendation is to avoid finalizing too early. Take your time to sort out what you really want P85+ and then make your changes and confirm. Confirming and then making changes adds stress to TM.
These not too subtle subliminal messages are working. Slowly eroding willpower....

ACDriveMotor - You're in the home stretch! 10/29! Excited for you.

Yeah they sure are subtle. Let me help clarify... Get the damn p85+!!!!!
or else you will regret it and trade in your car in 2 months., wasting precious time and money. You're spending a lot of money anyhow, might as well go all the way!

Congrats! I came out of a string of three 911's (997, 991S, 991-4S) and came to the same conclusion after the test drive and ordered before I left the store. You will love the car--the P+ is nothing short of amazing. It's like driving (better) a 911 with 4 doors.

Enjoy it and the wait begins. Read through the forum as many of your questions will be answered over the coming weeks.

No sqeaking in my dash.

I'd go with black interior.

I wouldn't both with 'performance seats' - they are not like Porsche seats by any means--not worth upgrade.

Your options look good--may want to rethink 'upgrade sound' as it's not worth it IMHO--standard and upgrade aren't great.

My thoughts exactly with the seats

I am looking forward to grin as relief. I guess I am no a patient waiter. I've been on an emotional roller coaster (rare for me) waiting for the car. I need to get myself re-grounded in the "I love this car!!" space. Reading the forums sort of helps. But you read a lot about problems people are having, both big and small. That ends up making me question whether ordering was good decision. For me I think it is a little easier to test drive a car, purchase on the spot and drive away. I look forward to forgetting all about that once I have my car.