Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

porsche ev?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado

As a result, it's definitely quicker and put together better than the Tesla Model Y above. But with a base 4S starting at $105,150 and the big-dog Turbo S commanding at least $186,350 (and that's before you even touch Porsche's notorious options menu), it better be. If you're looking for the best electric car in the world and are, for whatever reason, morally opposed to giving money to Tesla, the Porsche Taycan is the ticket. Just prepare to open that wallet up real wide when you get to the box office.

There are so many options in 2022, but Tesla currently wins in Price/Range/Performance ratio and difference in quality or service usually we choose to suffer as the other factors are so much better. For example, the BMW i4 M50 nicely beat the M3P:

As a result, it's definitely quicker and put together better than the Tesla Model Y above. But with a base 4S starting at $105,150 and the big-dog Turbo S commanding at least $186,350 (and that's before you even touch Porsche's notorious options menu), it better be. If you're looking for the best electric car in the world and are, for whatever reason, morally opposed to giving money to Tesla, the Porsche Taycan is the ticket. Just prepare to open that wallet up real wide when you get to the box office.

Audi e-tron GT is the budget option.

Isn’t comparing Taycan to Model Y/3 like comparing 911 to a Toyota 86?
Yup -- the only thing they have in common is that they're both SUVs. A Model Y driver who chooses to step up to a luxury car would likely not choose the sporty Porsche EV, but would instead choose the Jaguar SUV EV. I don't know about a Model 3 driver - who wants to step up to luxury......maybe the Beemer or Mercedes EVs?

Reactions: Zer0t
ipace.jpg

I owned an I-pace as long as I owned a 21 Model 3 LR awd. I also drove the regular Taycan (not the Cross Turismo).
Both are magnitudes more refined than the Model 3 in ride, interior and noise levels. The 3 is as quick or quicker, but it is a more spartan drive feel; seats, noise, suspension. I guess price is right for what you get. You can't really go wrong with any of these.
Taycan 4S seems like the sweet spot price/performance.

Model Y does not compare to a Taycan at all, not even the CT. Hard to see the difference between a Cross Turismo and a Panamera. Y is like a van, a blob with tiny wheels.

Last edited:
I drove my brother's Taycan, and that thing was amazing. I've driven many EVs (except the Audi eTron GT), and Porchse did it right. Only other EV I would buy. Only thing missing in the Taycan that I would like was 1 peddle driving. The regen was not the strongest.

The Taycan had a road presence that I never experienced before. It was like I was in an Lamborghini. My Neighborhood has like 30+ Teslas and no one ever cared when one goes down the street, but so many people stopped what they were doing and just stood there looking at the car as I drove by. It's a beautiful car for sure, and the interior was very nice. S
Had the same experience on local roads and freeway too.

The one thing that stopped me from ordering one is the windshield. The reflection of the multi curved dash was very distracting. It was drawing large patterns on the windows.