Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche executive bad mouths Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Porsche always had a problem with Tesla, when you go to their showroom, you will see comparison brochures between Panamera Plug-in Vs. Tesla Model S.

But I think he has gone too far on public though I agree the seats on Tesla are not as good as what I could've been.

I don't get it...Porche doesn't even plan to launch the model e until the "end of the decade"...so...2019?...That's 3 years...The Model S is only 4 years old from birth and in the 4 years went from a 60 kw battery back to 90...maybe by 2019 it'll have a 500 mile range while Porche is just approaching 300?

Ludicrous mode came out a year or so ago...3 years after launch...in another 3 years who maybe we'll have "continuous ludicrous mode" where it'll one up Porches "concept"...we already know "Maximum Plaid" is coming for the roadster....

Point is they are comparing a 2016 model to a 2019 or even 2020 model which is at least 3-4 years away....

That would be like me comparing my 2010 Lexus RX 350 to the current gen...wow...it has a back up camera standard now? Ohh take that the new version has birds eye view :O ....oh it also has an additional 30 horse power...damn Lexus must've sucked back in 2010 eh?

Porche is making themselves look like a bunch of morons with that press release.

I don't get the thing about seats. I have a MS with the old seats, have ridden in the car for hours, and it is very comfortable. I imagine the NextGen seats are more comfortable. I had the pleasure to see and sit in a MX and I did not notice the seats (there was so much to look at) but that is a good sign, they were comfortable and I didn't notice them.
Seems like such a little thing when all the seats being talked about are very good at minimum. Much ado about nothing?

The Tesla original seats could be improved, yes, I agree, and the Ludicrous mode on the Tesla is a gimmick, absolutely!
It turns the car into a non green vehicle by wasting all that energy and tire wear.
Tesla should be turning their time and money into bigger capacity batteries, which I know they are, instead of milking customers for the ludicrous update. I'm sure we would have had a 105 kw battery by now if they didn't waste their time on the ludicrous and insane modes!

The Tesla original seats could be improved, yes, I agree, and the Ludicrous mode on the Tesla is a gimmick, absolutely!
It turns the car into a non green vehicle by wasting all that energy and tire wear.
Tesla should be turning their time and money into bigger capacity batteries, which I know they are, instead of milking customers for the ludicrous update. I'm sure we would have had a 105 kw battery by now if they didn't waste their time on the ludicrous and insane modes!

Maybe we wouldn't even have Tesla today if it weren't for ludicrous mode....

You fail to understand how much free media attention, hype, etc. Tesla got from such "gimmicks", leading to tonnes of extra revenue for the company.

It's a public corporation in it to make money, not a charity only to help the greater good as much as Elon gives off that vibe.