Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche GT3RS

RayCanuck

May 29, 2019
Penticton
On a long trip yesterday was having some fun with a Porsche GT3RS.
We took turns accelerating away from each other. Was very surprised that my M3 SR+ easily kept pace and even had an edge accelerating.... we were going back & forth for a couple hundred Km’s until we parted ways... was pretty impressed with my lowly SR+

Reactions: LoL Rick and heems

Kilotango74

Apr 2, 2019
Palmdale, CA
Lol. Right..... your SR, sorry SR+ (can’t forget how much an upgraded interior factors in to this) kept up with a Porsche GT3RS, which even in its slowest form ( that being the 996.2 made from 2003-2004) had a zero to 62 of 4.4 seconds. He was playing with you. No offense but that car would have left you in the dust any time the driver wanted. Glad you had fun though, that’s what matters, but let’s not process the car to be something it’s not.

Reactions: MagnusMako

RayCanuck

May 29, 2019
Penticton
I certainly wasn’t “racing” him nor was I doing standing 0-60 sprints
I also have no illusions that that car would out perform my SR+ in every aspect but at 200K+ less I still was a respectable playmate.

67King

Feb 2, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Wouldn't put it past a Porsche owner to put badges on a plain jane 911, so it may not have necessarily been a GT3RS. The RS' are all wide body, the normal GT3's are not, but that takes a keen eye.

XLR82XS

D M C
Jul 26, 2019
SWFL | Vegas
Agreed 67. An RS will stand out over a standard GT car. 1/4 vents, bumper covers, CF panels. Gotta factor in the d-bags that buy a 20-year old 996 C2 and emblem the car up and install ridiculous spoilers, etc. Of course not everyone will realize this an as such most people will see it as another Porsche or 911. That guy was definitely playing around but I'm sure everyone had fun.

I removed all rear emblems on my Porsches as I prefer the clean look and don't really care that people don't know the trim level of my car.

Attachments

• GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 21

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC