Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a fact: of all the "planned" ones in the US on the map, no one has actually pulled a permit to build one, and there's been nothing stopping them from doing so.
So you’re claiming that the two locations that are already open in Massachusetts and Virginia were put in without permits? That seems very unlikely.

Ten other locations are listed as “coming soon” and there is a photo of at least one of those sites showing construction has started.

They have said they have 40 signed leases in California with design work already under way and permitting happening this quarter. All of the California DC locations are being designed and constructed by Black and Veatch who do Tesla’s Supercharger locations so they know what they are doing.

You readily give Porsche a pass based on your faith in them.
No, I’m just reporting their plans and their progress towards meeting those plans. By the time anyone is actually signing the paperwork to buy a Mission E in the United States in late 2019 or the first half of 2020 it will already be obvious how much Porsche and Electrify America have kept to their schedule.

I was recently talking to a Bolt owner at the Kamloops supercharger where he relied on a Clipper Creek at 6 kW while I was supercharging and I discussed his CCS and fast charging options -- which really are pathetic.
There has been CHAdeMO in Kamloops since 2013 and CCS since March of 2018.

After a few planned FLO DC locations open by summer this year there will be usable CCS coverage in much of the populated and tourist regions of BC, Alberta, eastern Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.

Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Western Ontario don’t have CCS or CHAdeMO coverage but then they don’t have Supercharger coverage either.

I plan to drive through BC and up to Edmonton later this year in my Bolt EV using CCS.

CCS coverage in Western and eastern Canada according to PlugShare:
4A152D59-36C9-4543-9FD3-4D77CA938D43.jpeg
87A8180C-73C5-4A04-9C57-2B045532349E.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a different, much smaller, niche game. Doesn't change the more important game.

How's the stock Miata braking setup for the track?

What's important to you isn't necessary important for others. That's why there are so many different cars out there.

Not sure about Miata, but given it's light weight, it should be able to get by without powerful brakes. It's all about thermal management.

HUH? Your whole posting is nothing but a befuddled lack of expertise regarding Porsche's sports EV. Just the biggest time waster read of the day that makes only one thing clear - an expression of inexplicable anti-Porsche bias.. "Just another heavy 4 door with mediocre track manners"? Try not feed us such crap, please!
Ever been on a track? I have, several times, and no a helmet is not mandatory unless it's a competition event. The Mission E is not for trackies only - it's for the general public. I could smite everything in your drivel of a post, but it's not worth the time, certainly not mine. Come back when you have fact-based intelligence to share.

Was it quicker than a bicycle around the track?
Was it quicker than a Prius around a track?
Was it quicker than a Boxster around a track?
Was it quicker than a Panamera around a track?
Was it quicker than a base 911 around a track?
Was it quicker than a 918 around a track?

Yes, I have many hundreds of hours on various closed course venues. I'm an amateur, but I can give better feedback that than clip. I've probably been faster around a track in a stock $70k station wagon than what I saw in that video. ~ 9 years ago.

But you are right. Looking at the calendar, it says 2018 so I have zero experience in the Mission E. It looks nice. That's about all I can gather from the information.

If you are on a closed course event of any kind with terminal speeds of over 100 mph while you try to find the limits of a new car, and you decide that your hairdo is more critical than what happens when things go wrong, you are a fool.

The two who were killed at California Speedway on a 'fun day' were wearing helmets in the Porsche. Impact was ~ 100mph. That's about how fast Rodas and Walker were going BTW.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Here's a fact: of all the "planned" ones in the US on the map, no one has actually pulled a permit to build one....
As I mentioned earlier, 2 Electrify America locations are already open and 10 are listed as “coming soon”.

I just checked the coming soon sites on PlugShare. About half of them have photos uploaded showing construction underway.

Here’s the location in Gulfport, Mississippi on the edge of a shopping center parking lot:

030762F2-6729-4540-851E-395099338AA8.jpeg

Ever been on a track? I have, several times, and no a helmet is not mandatory unless it's a competition event.
Eh? If that's the case, then you Canadians are crazy. Every HPDE/track day/driving instruction event that I can think of out here in California requires helmets. If you don't have one, then the organizers usually have helmets available for rent at the event. That said, it was a promotional video. Meh.

Reactions: McRat
Here's a pretty good look at a Mission E test mule driven by a Porsche race car driver (in case you don't know who Webber is). To me, it looks smaller than an S and a little bigger than a 3.

Hope it's not a repost. I did search before posting.

Here's a pretty good look at a Mission E test mule driven by a Porsche race car driver (in case you don't know who Webber is). To me, it looks smaller than an S and a little bigger than a 3.

Hope it's not a repost. I did search before posting.
There already is a thread on Mission E and a post with Webber's track ride.

I don't think track racing is a very big market, anywhere in the world. My definition of "game changer" is a bit different.
It's not a big market, but it is the Porsche market.
What % of Porsche owners actually take their cars to the track?
Not sure the exact numbers, but it is more than most other brand. It is still a small percentage, but we got to remember Porsche's heritage and it's image. Just like it continues to develop and push the GT3's and making it do what was deem impossible a few years ago. I would be very surprised if Porsche release a car that is not ready to tackle Nordschleife with proper pace.
Then why do they continue to push the envelope with GT3, GT3RS, and GT2RS? Why build GT4, or make sure Panamera and Cayenne can run on tracks?

Never underestimate Porsche Club members as a rabid group of enthusiasts much like those in TMC...with many dedicated track junkies :cool:
The Porsche Club of America (PCA) is an organization of Porsche enthusiasts in the United States and Canada. PCA has more than 100,000 members and is the largest single-brand club in the world. The PCA conducts Porsche-related events including club racing, rallying, driver's education, autocross, and similar activities.

Last edited:
Never underestimate Porsche Club members as a rabid group of enthusiasts much like those in TMC...with many dedicated track junkies :cool:
The Porsche Club of America (PCA) is an organization of Porsche enthusiasts in the United States and Canada. PCA has more than 100,000 members and is the largest single-brand club in the world. The PCA conducts Porsche-related events including club racing, rallying, driver's education, autocross, and similar activities.
Then to be fully transparent, Porsche marketing should say that the Mission E is a game changer for PCA members. And the rest of the world would go "meh". Are 100K PCA members going to stand in lines that stretch around the block, overnight to give Porsche 100K preorders that they will not receive for 2 years? The Mission E is not a game changer from the aspect of pushing the envelope on sustainable energy personal transportation for a mass market. Tesla did that 6 years ago.

Then to be fully transparent, Porsche marketing should say that the Mission E is a game changer for PCA members. And the rest of the world would go "meh". Are 100K PCA members going to stand in lines that stretch around the block, overnight to give Porsche 100K preorders that they will not receive for 2 years? The Mission E is not a game changer from the aspect of pushing the envelope on sustainable energy personal transportation for a mass market. Tesla did that 6 years ago.
Do you keep mentioning "game changer" just because Webber casually said that in the Mission E video?