Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you point me to an 800V CCS charger available to use? I was under the impression all of them were 400V. Not trying to be rude, just didn’t realize there were so many 800V units deployed.

Edit: at 400V wouldn’t the Taycan accept a max of 175 kW on a 350 kW EA quick charger?

Many of the Electrify America chargers are capable of it and they have a 350 kW label. Two I've seen in person are in Denver, CO and Grand Junction, CO.

Edit: I wish they made it easier on their site to find the 800V, actually up to 1000V, capable sites which are maximum 350 kW, nominal 320 kW at 920V.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mtndrew1
How is this pretty good when the P100D exists?
You have to compare equal to equal. For example, the P100D has a larger batteries and narrower tires (the Taycan uses 285s or 305s on the rear wheels). And the Tesla performance versions usually don't get their rated range in the real world.

In any case, the range should be perfectly fine in practice.

Could you point me to an 800V CCS charger available to use? I was under the impression all of them were 400V. Not trying to be rude, just didn’t realize there were so many 800V units deployed.

Edit: at 400V wouldn’t the Taycan accept a max of 175 kW on a 350 kW EA quick charger?
At 400V you are stuck at 50kW unless you get an optional 150kW charger....

Do you have a link to support this?

That's like saying that with Tesla you are stuck at 72kW (urban supercharger) unless you get an optional 150kW charger. The vast majority of EA CCS chargers are at least 150kW. And they are not sharing power between stalls like the v2 superchargers.
Everything you wanted to know about Porsche’s new electric car
Is where I saw it. Then I went to the configurator to see what else is optional (like powered charge doors).

Interestingly the EVSE isn't "included" with the price of the car, it ends up being a mandatory option ($1100).

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
That's like saying that with Tesla you are stuck at 72kW (urban supercharger) unless you get an optional 150kW charger. The vast majority of EA CCS chargers are at least 150kW. And they are not sharing power between stalls like the v2 superchargers.

Diamond.g is referring to the on-board charger which is a $460 option, IIRC when I went through the configurator (mine came out to $226k.. but its real pretty)

You have to compare equal to equal. For example, the P100D has a larger batteries.

My understanding is the Taycan battery is 100 kWh with 93 kWh usable, but even it's 7 kWh less...that's only 7% different.

The P100D is rated 345 miles EPA. If Taycan has 250 EPA, that would be over 25% less range. I don't think that's "pretty good" for a company's flagship BEV at almost double the price. I definitely agree that it's "good enough" for what will likely be most buyer's third (or fifth) car. I doubt those buyers are going to road trip this car anyway.

Last edited:
My understanding is the Taycan battery is 100 kWh with 93 kWh usable, but even it's 7 kWh less...that's only 7% different.
AFAIK 93 kWh is the total capacity.
The P100D is rated 345 miles EPA.
If you get the 21 inch wheels with 265 tires, it drops to 325 (and the Taycan has even wider tires). And in practice people get less than that. Similarly, the Model 3 P+ with the 20 inch wheels gets nowhere near the rated 310 miles in practice.

Ah, OK, now I see what you mean. Well, it wouldn't be Porsche if they didn't milk the buyer. $460 doesn't really matter if you can afford this car. :p

Exactly. Porsche charges nearly $500 to have keyfob matching the color of the car. It's the way Porsche has always been. Even in the Macan and Boxster, you need to be prepared to pay well over $10K on options just to get the "normal" stuff. I think majority of people are fine with the way Porsche operates, so I think they will be fine with optioning most of these options.

And $200K for this car is really not that bad at all. Porsche is not a mainstream car that is meant for everyone. They are more premium than BMW or Mercedes, and their goal is performance. They will eventually have an EV that'll be in the Macan price range, but for now, they will probably sell every unit they can build for the next couple of years.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I went to the porsche taycan preview because one of my friends pre ordered one without knowing anything about it. At the preview they had a concept car. We couldn't see the interior, because there was none and all the windows were tinted. They didn't have info about the battery life, options, or really anything useful. They just kept saying everything is under progress. All they said is it will be similar prices to a the Porsche Panamera. The concept car didn't have mirrors or door post, which they said they will have to change on the actual models because of US standards. Seems like everyone who wants a porsche electric car should just stick with tesla!

Damn son. $3,150 for red and $4,510 for 21'' wheels. $2,450 for upgraded interior. $1,150 for massage front seat. Nice. Typical Porsche options and accessories. Total Price $241,150 BEFORE taxes. $54,800 in options. You could buy two Tesla Model S performance with Luda AND a Model 3 for the same price. Good deal right?

161mph top speed
10.8s 1/4 mile
2.6 0-60

Won't beat a Model S at the drag strip but it will beat it at the track. I'm not sure a model 3 performance will win around a large track.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Sweet fancy Moses the one I configured was almost $170k and it was the base car with few options.

It costs $2050 for adaptive cruise! I mean I know how Porsche works with options but this is a very expensive car.

The 50 kW DC charging at 400V is bananas.

This isn’t a Tesla Killer, it’s a Porsche Poacher.

Reactions: jgs and Scott7