Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw some pictures of the production Mission E.

That beautiful concept car look is out the window. The production car will have a huge B pillar between the doors, not the 4 door coupe look of the concept. The frunk is much smaller and less useful than the Model 3,S or X.

Classic bait and switch. VW learned nothing from their Diesel disaster fraud.

Reactions: gene
It's a concept car. Just accept that those mostly are not indented to go into production 1:1 or make us all a favour and just ignore all car companies apart from Tesla, because they are pretty much the only company that basically doesn't do concept cars at all and just shows us some of their prototypes.

I'm so sick of all this crying around about concept cars on all Tesla forums, blogs and youtube channels. Just accept it that just because Tesla and Elon Musk do it in a certain way does not mean that the industry has to do it like that or change what they have been doing for decades...

Reactions: R.S
Just saw some pictures of the production Mission E.

That beautiful concept car look is out the window. The production car will have a huge B pillar between the doors, not the 4 door coupe look of the concept. The frunk is much smaller and less useful than the Model 3,S or X.

Companies seldom sell their concept cars. I think Lamborghini does sometimes. Check.
But it is unlikely the Porsche will be available.

Of course the most interesting aspect of a Porsche EV will be if it handles like a Porsche.

If you're buying a Porsche for it's looks, you might as well just buy the jacket and tell girls you own one but it's in the shop while you drive your Prius...

I imagine the electric Porsche will handle fantastic. They have directly copied the Li Ion batteries in the floor and low slung one or two electric motors. Will give it an amazing lower center of gravity. Porsche will certaintly be able to make their EV with world class handling.

Reason for my post was reading so many potential Tesla owners say that they are drooling over the upcoming Mission E, due to the pictures of the concept cars. They are putting off making their purchase because of their desires to drive something like Porsche has dangled in front of them.

Their marketing people claim all sorts of fantastic capabilities, and carefully hide the drawbacks. While very effective, it is also kind of sad.

I imagine the electric Porsche will handle fantastic. They have directly copied the Li Ion batteries in the floor and low slung one or two electric motors. Will give it an amazing lower center of gravity. Porsche will certaintly be able to make their EV with world class handling.

Reason for my post was reading so many potential Tesla owners say that they are drooling over the upcoming Mission E, due to the pictures of the concept cars. They are putting off making their purchase because of their desires to drive something like Porsche has dangled in front of them.

Their marketing people claim all sorts of fantastic capabilities, and carefully hide the drawbacks. While very effective, it is also kind of sad.

I guess the marketing people should of just promised FSD.

If the Porsche handles like a Porsche, and has the amenities of a Porsche, is under $125k and actually available, I certainly know what I'm getting for my birthday that year. I doubt it will be available. They will make a few then stop.

Wow. The influence of Tesla on that car and that video production (down to their own take of the model X wizards of winter easter egg) is quite striking.
I don`t see any similarities besides the heavy use of touchscreens in a form that`s akin to Mercedes`"yacht"-design. Tesla looks downright "classical" in comparison imho.

The interior overall is way too sci-fi for my taste, but I guess that will be gone when it comes to real production units.

Last edited:
I wonder how they're planning to compete with the Supercharger network.
Ok - having two separate networks makes zero sense - it would be much cheaper for Porsche to simply purchase power from Tesla's - and Tesla can then leverage the network into a profit center. Perhaps Tesla would not want another company to be able to do that - but - if they really want what they claim to want - which is an EV future - separate charging networks is a total waste of money.

Ok - having two separate networks makes zero sense - it would be much cheaper for Porsche to simply purchase power from Tesla's - and Tesla can then leverage the network into a profit center. Perhaps Tesla would not want another company to be able to do that - but - if they really want what they claim to want - which is an EV future - separate charging networks is a total waste of money.
Agreed, that would make more sense. But my point was unless competitors can offer long-distance high speed charging for their cars, they're ignoring a key selling feature. It doesn't matter if it's their own network or Tesla's network through an agreement.

If you were Porsche, would you want to admit publicly that you needed to rely on Tesla's network? It's free advertising for Tesla. I'd LOVE if that happened, but I think company egos will keep most from approaching Tesla. Maybe a few future-thinking companies, but I doubt any of the big ones.

Porsche Mission E Spied in Spain (Mojacar) • r/Porsche
mhRUuoRBskC5v6Bg4270S72iRvPrzJasFjWpY1Ro6AQ.jpg

Agreed, that would make more sense. But my point was unless competitors can offer long-distance high speed charging for their cars, they're ignoring a key selling feature. It doesn't matter if it's their own network or Tesla's network through an agreement.

If you were Porsche, would you want to admit publicly that you needed to rely on Tesla's network? It's free advertising for Tesla. I'd LOVE if that happened, but I think company egos will keep most from approaching Tesla. Maybe a few future-thinking companies, but I doubt any of the big ones.
Porsche is not ignoring the charging network needs:
VW vows to build massive electric car charging network across US

Up to 350KW charging with cross us coverage by June 2019. Financed by billions as part of diesel-gate settlements.
Welcome to Electrify America | Commitment

Those who charge at 350KW will be looking at 50KW urban superchargers like Tesla owners look at L2 chargers today.

Last edited:
Inductive charging? Brilliant

If you want it for the S

Wireless charging upgrade now available for Tesla Model S

Don't know anyone who has it though. A lot of inefficiencies in inductive charging - it's fine for a small battery on a phone, not on an EV battery. Plugging in is not that difficult. If anything, I would prefer to see robotic arm that plugs in automatically - but again, not too hard to do manually.

Porsche is not ignoring the charging network needs:
VW vows to build massive electric car charging network across US

Up to 350KW charging with cross us coverage by June 2019. Financed by billions as part of diesel-gate settlements.
Welcome to Electrify America | Commitment

Those who charge at 350KW will be looking at 50KW urban superchargers like Tesla owners look at L2 chargers today.

A couple thoughts:
Almost 200 of 500 locations are Porsche dealers which will not generally aid long distance travel.

Walmart’s: oil and water with re: to Porsche owners/travelers.

Very nicely done, especially the careful wording. We really should ban the term "electrified". Way too easy to slip that in, as any hybrid can qualify. Too easy to mislead the listener, imply something that isn't true, or misdirect the conversation to something that isn't relevant.

Sorry Porsche. Slick marketing won't hide the fact that you're late to market, and may, in fact, still not get it. Electric drive isn't about making an ICE incrementally faster, it's about reinventing the whole drive train from the bottom up, and building vehicles that most effectively use what that technology can offer. Listen to your own video, and consider that there's no "Vroom" in "Win".