Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not so sure of that. Panamera never was a success in the looks department. Too much compromises imposed for having to make a sports sedan look like a sports car 911. Maserati, Aston Martin, Audi and of course Tesla all are able to design nice and graceful sports sedans because they don't have that restraint.
The refreshed Panamera looks much better now.
2017-porsche-panamera.jpg

View attachment 383991

Better is a relative term. The boxy rear roof of the first generation Panamera was a compromise in order to have enough head/leg room in the back. The new one fixed that somewhat but compromised on the later. Regardless it's still not a very good looking sports sedan, and that's an understatement, other than you can recognize it as a Porsche right away.

Reactions: FlatSix911
For some reason, Porsche is super hesitant to show the production model to the public. Wonder what is their reasoning for that?

Tesla just showed a full scale, drivable model Y to the public. Over a year before it will go into production.
They don't "show" their other models before they go into production...so why should it be any different with the Taycan?

"30 countries" .. WTH. Didn't Tesla just test in one country/state....and look how well the Model 3 turned out.

Porsche says Taycan is completing ‘final test drives before it enters series production’

It honestly comes off as if they are completely not confident in their car - whether its tech/electronics related, battery related (could be less range than they've been advertising or the battery degradation is bad, acceleration, etc....). Considering this platform is the one that Audi is also going to use, if it underwhelms, then they have an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
A month or two ago, I came across a vid with a brief interview of one of the factory drivers, if I recall correctly. He was saying that the hardware was done and all that's left to finesse is the software. It was a convoy of five Taycans née Mission-E blasting through hills somewhere somewhere. Sorry for the lack of a link. It does jive with certain software-related emanations coming from Diess at VAG as well as some Audi E-Tron stumbles.

the hardware was done and all that's left to finesse is the software
Hee hee. That’s a good one. Because software is just typing, and anyone can type, amirite?
Perhaps the Taycan's charge port won't freeze if you drive it north of California like the Model 3's occasionally does. :p
I dunno if it’s earlier/later builds, or if I’m just lucky, but ours was just fine through a couple Michigan polar vortices this winter. Outdoor parking, too.

View attachment 383991
Better is a relative term. The boxy rear roof of the first generation Panamera was a compromise in order to have enough head/leg room in the back. The new one fixed that somewhat but compromised on the later. Regardless it's still not a very good looking sports sedan, and that's an understatement, other than you can recognize it as a Porsche right away.
I think the Taycan mules look a lot like the Panamera for better or worse. But supposedly those are mules and the real Taycan will look better. Will see how it turns out.

Reactions: EXOTIC1