Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan is MUCH better looking than the Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ive owned 3 Porsche’s and two Tesla’s. You may disagree, but I am 110% not out of my mind. I’ve experienced both, have you?

I would agree best service is no service, however both My Tesla’s have both required servicing. Which has been pretty lousy overall.

So thanks for your opinion, but I’ll politely disagree.

You said you'd 100% buy a 4S over the upcoming Plaid S

Plaid
- 520+ mile range
- 1,110 HP
- 0-60 >2 seconds
- Autopilot
- $138,490+

4S
- 227+ mile range
- 522 HP
- 0-60 3.8 seconds
- No Autopilot
- $103,800+ pricey options

You 100% are lol

A Model 3 LR AWD for only $45,490 (or a Performance) is even way better value over a 4S starting at $103,800

I've driven the Taycan Turbo. Great drive, nice pricey hand built interior but the Taycan Taycant drive itself. And in 17 months of ownership my Tesla has required zero service.

I also have a friend who's owned several 911's and sold his last for a LR AWD 3 in 2018 after I told him about Tesla. Since then, he said the 3 is favorite car ever and drives better than any of his past Porsche's so there's that opinion from a Porsche x Tesla owner

Wow most of the responses here are way too serious it's pretty obvious that the op was making the post in gest. Because of the two vehicles pictured. Though it is a pretty good looking Tesla van in this case the Taycan probably looks a little better bwahahah mwahaha

I owned two of the air cooled 911's (993), and a 944. Porsche reliability back then was horrible, so I can't really comment on service since it wouldn't be comparable to today's vehicles.

I think we should consider that not all service visits are equal.

For Tesla, most of their service work is for minor things.

With a Porsche, I had mechanical issues with the rack and pinion steering, the transmission (no engine issues thankfully), but just about everything else broke. Windows quit working, AC couldn't be turned off, and blew max heat (which is no fun in florida summer with a pregnant wife and the AC is tossing hot air at her). For some reason I always had rattling sounds and the mechanic kept replacing bushings. Oil leaks, etc.

You guys ever seen this video? His issue and Porsche's response is enough to make anyone not want to buy one. Any car can have issues, but this poor bastard really got the run around by Porsche. It's fairly recent compared to my background:

Last edited:
Taycans are fast! I pulled-up behind one at a red light and he gunned it when it turned green.

We were surrounded by other cars at the light and dropped everyone in a few seconds (check out the rear view in the 2nd pic; sorry about the glare). :p

Taycan_Hello_Bye.jpg

Just remember "A great relationship is more important than a pretty face!"

Yea, just don't bring up tesla service! :rolleyes: I've never owned a Porsche, wonder how they treat their customers. Lexus used to be great but has really fallen over time. We're test driving a Taycan this summer before final decision on our plaid order.

So I guess a pretty face was enough to get me in the door! ;)
Porsche service, where I live, is INCREDIBLE. Never been treated so well for purchase, service, etc... + free omelets and hand car washes every Saturday. ;) Ive dealt with a few Porsche dealers over the years and, as other may state, their service is top-tier.

I test drove a Taycan 4S this weekend. They are nice cars... definitely feels like more of a sports car than the S. But there are several things I wasn't crazy about:

Rear visibility SUCKS. You have a very limited view in the rear view mirror. And no rear camera like on my S that is always visible (Taycan rear camera only visible when backing).
It felt uncomfortable compared to my S. The interior materials quality is GREAT but it was cramped feeling and you are deeper in the car so it doesn't feel as comfy (especially for a long trip).
Rear seat leg room is much smaller than the S.
Luggage space much smaller than the S
0-60 is a tad slower and range is much less (I think it was rated at 215miles).
Cost is higher
Menu systems on their "MCU" is not super intuitive (although probably get used to it).
No real autopilot...just a traffic aware cruise control and some lane keep assistance.

That said, I liked the look of the Taycan and if you are not doing long road trips it is definitely sportier.
It comes with free charging at EVAmerica (or whatever the VW chargers are called) for up to 30 min per charge for 3 years.

Net Net it is a great car but based on your needs, it may not be the best choice.

Porsche is super frustrated. Most every Taycan sold is replacing another Porsche that would have been sold instead. Net benefit to Porsche is ZERO. Of course this is better than loosing market share, but now company wants to be eating it's own babies.

On the other hand, most of Tesla growth has been from conquest sales. Most Tesla sales have taken away from the competitors ICE sales.
the porsche dealership I am working with has already taken in 3 teslas

Reactions: InternetDude
yes, it is coming off the boat as we speak and should be ready to be delivered Mon. the options list is too long, but it is a 4s, not a turbo

So we'll need details when you post your first pic. Are you coming out of an S? Trade in vehicle?

On the reliability front, my 911 track friends seemed universal in their opinion. If you get a good one they are rock solid. Big if. As Porschephiles they were willing to live with whatever went wrong. Never owned one so I could only stand in awe at their track prowess.

So we'll need details when you post your first pic. Are you coming out of an S? Trade in vehicle?

On the reliability front, my 911 track friends seemed universal in their opinion. If you get a good one they are rock solid. Big if. As Porschephiles they were willing to live with whatever went wrong. Never owned one so I could only stand in awe at their track prowess.
I owned 2 model S and just sold my model 3. I'm hoping that I get a good one, and I am sure the world of porsche service is better than tesla's

Reactions: InternetDude