TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Porsche Taycan review

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by peterfd, May 15, 2019.

1. SaveOurPlanet

SaveOurPlanet Member

Is there such a thing as “turbo” in EV? Love to have fast DC charging for that thing if I have to drive to SoCal, can someone tell me where I can charge? Seriously, I had waited for more than 2 years for it to be real, got tired of waiting and bought a slow Model S.

2. bigboost

bigboost Member

Ya the “Turbo” nomenclature is dumb. And even worse is if that top of the line model will not be under 3 seconds 0-60, putting it far behind the current P100D

3. yeff112

yeff112 New Member

It will most likely do 0-60 in under 3 seconds. Porsche exec. have been quoted saying "definitely under 3.5 seconds" and Porsche is very very conservative. The new Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S hits 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, according to Porsche but most reviewers did it in 3.0 seconds. So whatever Porsche says they are always very conservative when it comes to numbers.

4. bigboost

bigboost Member

That’s true, but with options that car will be pushing $200k and just under 3.0 sec is a long way from the P100D’s current 2.3. Don’t get me wrong I’m a Porsche fanatic and have owned 4 of them in the last 10 years, but they need to have a much better car for me to leave Tesla with the already large charging network and much longer history of making EV’s and getting kinks worked out

• Like x 3
    • Love x 3
  5. CarlK

CarlK Active Member

It likely will never happen. In Rennlist forum it was mentioned Porsche reportedly loses between $6800 to $11300 for every Taycan depending on model. People are waiting for Tesla competitor but when "competitors" come we start to realize they are no competitor at all. Tesla is so far ahead of everyone.

Another thing is the reception of Taycan on the Porsche forum is even worse than on here. Just like you and I those are Porsche owners they no longer have that Porsche envy some outsiders might have.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1