Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan - Tesla Rival Seen Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was awfully excited to pull out of my community and see the Taycan in local traffic. I'll say it's a very handsome car, but it was camoflauged around the rear and front lights. It's surprisingly LONG. Anyone see these out and about yet? I assume it's being tested or something being out in town? I really wish i was able to get pictures. I'm mad at it. lol

I was awfully excited to pull out of my community and see the Taycan in local traffic. I'll say it's a very handsome car, but it was camoflauged around the rear and front lights. It's surprisingly LONG. Anyone see these out and about yet? I assume it's being tested or something being out in town? I really wish i was able to get pictures. I'm mad at it. lol

What no TeslaCam footage??! Great use for capturing things like that. In fact today I hit Save when I was in the left lane of traffic and in the right lane I noticed a Tesla, in front of that another Tesla and yet in front of that another one. That was pretty amazing to me.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
when I was in the left lane of traffic and in the right lane I noticed a Tesla, in front of that another Tesla and yet in front of that another one

Surprised this is not an everyday occurrence in the Bay Area. It is for me; the route to Sorrento Valley is a veritable cavalcade of Model 3s these days. It’s just one after another every single day. Three or four in a row is quite commonplace.

I'm very curious about the Taycan Cross Turismo

Porsche_Mission_E_Cross_Turismo_07.jpg

Aside from pleasing some Porsche enthusiasts, it seems pretty unlikely this car will make a dent in Model S' popularity. Of course, they'll have it "sweep" awards much like the ridiculous I-Pace.

Good for EVs overall as every Taycan is one less ICE.
It seems like the car will be a lot smaller than the S in terms of cargo space. So functionally it's going to be competing with the Model 3.

• Love
Reactions: Brando