Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan vs Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Porsche Taycan is the new EV king.
Screen-Shot-2019-10-30-at-1.12.57-PM.jpg

Looks like Porsche Taycan is the new EV king.
View attachment 471549

I believe that title has belonged to Rimac for some time. They've been building 9 second 1/4 mile EVs for since 2012. The Porsche destroying starts at the 3:57 mark.

"That said, Rimac's Concept One, circa 2012, fed on 1,073 horsepower from its four electric motors, and could best most supercars on the drag strip. ... The company claims that it'll get to 100 mph in 4.3 seconds and run a quarter mile in 9.1 seconds."

The new one looks to be even faster.
Rimac’s new electric hypercar can go 0–60 faster than it takes to read this headline

Besides cars...I like Tesla, they make solar roofs and battery storage for the masses. Rimac is a great company as well who originally made some of the best electric bicycles. Porsche on the other hand, used to make all variants of the Tiger and Panzer tanks as well as something called the "V-1 Flying Bomb."

Last edited:
I think they'll need to come out with a 900 Volt version Trashcan. Unless you only race it against people who don't know how to use the Ludicrous + easter egg.
Holy moly, Cory151, that Dragy time is insane!
But why are so many people so Anti-Porsche? There are plenty of Tesla-haters out there who seem to hate Tesla ONLY because some people really LIKE Tesla. It's stupid and destructive and negative.
On the other hand, just because some people are comparing Porsche to Tesla, Porsche gets hate on these forums!
SO what if some deadbeat deadbrain quotes the numbers wrong? We just quote the true ones with evidence (like you did) and let people make up their own minds.
Porsche Taycan will do some things BETTER than Tesla. Plenty of things it will do worse.
If they halve the price and improve the range, it would be VERY interesting. As it is: let the facts speak for themselves!

• Disagree
Reactions: Hoffa and WarpedOne
Taycan Turbo S seems a bit quicker, but that was to be expected for a newer car at a higher price. Their MS P100D not breaking 11 secs in the 1/4 mile is also bit off ?

Maybe once the kids are all through college, but I just don't see spending almost 2X on a less practical car, even if a the Porsche is quicker and more beautiful.

One thing the Porsche may have going for it is much better resale value. That could change the calculus significantly for me.

One thing the Porsche may have going for it is much better resale value. That could change the calculus significantly for me.
That's an important point, GeoX750. It may change the changeover figure down the track enormously. Of course, this is a brand new technology for the high-cost German marques. So if something much better comes out from Porsche (or BMW / MB / Audi /even VW) in the next few years (eg next gen Taycan), suddenly things might be worse. Impossible to know!

Don't get me wrong, I've owned a couple of Porsche and loved them.
If Porsche wants to do a fair comparison between the Taycan turbo S and Performance P100D Raven, they shouldn't have used the 2017 p100d.

Raven badge is "dual motor" with the underlined, not P100D which was shown on the video

Video shows they didn't use launch control, proper heating up battery and range mode in the Tesla was switched on during the race.

These 3 factors are crucial in 1/4 mile results

So . . . Porsche, a company that has been building high-performance sports cars forever. The MS, a 4-door family sedan recently began production by a new car company. Likely the most technologically advanced car ever built; and likely the most revolutionary step in automobile production since Henry Ford figures out how to mass produce them.

Porsche had its sights set on the MS and succeeded in doing, perhaps, as well as the MS at a substantially higher price with substantially less technology. I don’t see how that’s really anything to beat your chest over, if you’re Porsche.

For EVs, TMC is still the one to beat. Sorry - but it’s still true. Might not be in a few years - but it still is today. Great watching that Taycan try to beat the 4-door family car. Lol.