Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan Vs Tesla Model S: Review, Road Test, Race, Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
It’s high time to take an extensive look at how these two all-electric beasts stack up. To quote Top Gear, “It’s the EV heavyweight battle you’ve been waiting for.” Perhaps some of you haven’t been waiting for anything of the sort, and we totally understand that for a multitude of reasons. However, Porsche Taycan versus...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/10/30/video-tesla-model-s-vs-porsche-taycan/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Finally. After 6 years, a company other than Tesla, has come out with a legitimate contender to the higher end performance EV.

Typically Porsche, it is bristling with engineering, great handling, excellent fit and finish. Looks great and gives a fantastic driving experience.

Will be good to see some cross shopping, but believe mostly that this will just be an EV selection by the Porsche faithful.

At about double the price, but not nearly the range of a Performance S, the car will have some allure to those wanting the Porsche experience and charms.

This will most likely be only the first EV model from Porsche. Expect an SUV, convertible, two door, coupe etc to follow in the footsteps.

Welcome to the party...Porsche.

Reactions: ICUDoc
Wanna see Top Gear's actual numbers on the Raven not the 2017 article.

Tesla Model S and Merc-AMG E63 vs the stopwatch

So Top Gear, again, falsified their reporting. I expect the Taycan is a great EV but adjusting the numbers and using their numbers from their test two YEARS ago to say it doesn't beat the Taycan is just wrong. It throws the whole review, which I had thought was pretty fair, into question. We'll have to wait for someone else to do a real review to see the real truth.

And how much was Top Gear paid to look the other way that they had a sick or non full ludicrous mode Tesla or perhaps as others have suggested simply an earlier generation car running the quarter mile at least a half a second slower than the latest times reported for the Raven? What little respect I had for Top Gear just got shredded. Multiple owners and sources suggest that a realistic time for the Tesla S Raven is 10.5 seconds at 126. That means it beats the Taycan by two tenths of a second even though it's going slightly slower at the Finish. And this is prior to the release of the Plaid drivetrain which probably would smoke the Porsche.

Last edited:
Better yet a slip time from a Dragway. That's actually the gold standard not vbox.
What's the Taycan's time on a drag strip covered in rubber?

Unbenannt.PNG

What's the Taycan's time on a drag strip covered in rubber?

View attachment 471742
Better yet a slip time from a Dragway. That's actually the gold standard not vbox. And while two tenths of a second doesn't sound like much at that speed it's almost 40 feet. And to really rub it in the Porsche cost about ten thousand bucks less than the new Roadster will cost. And that's not even a contest.

And then there's the whole Nurburgring time thing. If the Plaid admittedly prototype Tesla S can beat the taycan by 20 seconds, what could the Roadster do? I'd say the over under time on the Roadster is 6 minutes 40 seconds. That would be a minute faster than the Porsche.

And then there's the whole Nurburgring time thing. If the Plaid admittedly prototype Tesla S can beat the taycan by 20 seconds, what could the Roadster do? I'd say the over under time on the Roadster is 6 minutes 40 seconds. That would be a minute faster than the Porsche.
Yes, everybody has seen the video of the Nurburgring time thing. Elvis has witnessed it too.
With Space X package the Roadster lap time could be even negative.

Last edited:
An "EV heavyweight battle" is what you're calling it? What, are you a16? Does any owner of a Tesla Model S really care whether they can beat an overpriced Taycan (or Shitcan) in a drag race? Give me a break. What you should be reporting is that Porsche is 8 years late to the EV evolution represented by the Model S, and shafts future owners of Taycans (or Shitcans) by not providing a dedicated charging network like the one Tesla owners enjoy.

Reactions: jerseygirl18
An "EV heavyweight battle" is what you're calling it? What, are you a16? Does any owner of a Tesla Model S really care whether they can beat an overpriced Taycan (or Shitcan) in a drag race? Give me a break. What you should be reporting is that Porsche is 8 years late to the EV evolution represented by the Model S, and shafts future owners of Taycans (or Shitcans) by not providing a dedicated charging network like the one Tesla owners enjoy.

I absolutely care!! I take pride in owning the quickest mass produced EV in the world. If Porsche (or anyone) makes something quicker than congrats to them. But if they don't make something quicker and someone reports that it is quicker it needs to be called out. And if Tesla no longer is the quickest than so be it. I will keep my Tesla but no longer claim to be quickest.

BTW, I'm 46yrs old.

Tell us how you really feel!

• Funny
Reactions: Cape Coddess