Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan Vs Tesla Model S: Review, Road Test, Race, Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dragy include 1 foot rollout in 1/4 mile times!
How much does the -0.8% slope make? I guess someone should calculate that.
Anyway, we'll know soon enough! :D

And the vbox video I just posted.

Bizarre how you think a .6 second difference is explained by rollout instead of partially admitted and further fully proven TopGear incompetence.

@delusionbot do your home work and watch this:

upload_2019-11-5_17-39-7.png

Reactions: dfwatt
Bizarre how you think a .6 second difference is explained by rollout instead of partially admitted and further fully proven TopGear incompetence.
I think 0.3 seconds are explained by rollout and 0.3 seconds are explained by something else (traction, uphill slope, battery temp, charge level, phase of the moon, car to car variation, who knows). I don't understand the launch control argument since Top Gear got the same 0-60 times that other people get. Does launch control help above 60mph?

Not using launch control limits the peak power , and they probably didnt preheat the battery, and all that combined with misrepresenting old data as new shows that they incompetent and unreliable.

I think 0.3 seconds are explained by rollout and 0.3 seconds are explained by something else (traction, uphill slope, battery temp, charge level, phase of the moon, car to car variation, who knows). I don't understand the launch control argument since Top Gear got the same 0-60 times that other people get. Does launch control help above 60mph?

Last edited:
Reactions: dfwatt
Not using launch control limits the peak power , and they probably didnt preheat the battery, and all that combined with misrepresenting old data as new shows that they incompetent and unreliable.

Also Dragy originally did not use 1 foot rollout nonsense at all. Only recently made it available as an option but the default, and all the published times, including the one I posted, are WITHOUT the 1 foot rollout adjustment.

Make yourself a favor and follow the instructions in post #103.

Additionally, not sure if you realized but Racerx22b == unplggdd

0.2 by not using launch mode.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
0.2 by not using launch mode.
Ok. That does seem like a possibility. I was confused by their publishing the old numbers where the 0-60 numbers matched.
Top Gear got 2.83s and RacerX22b got 2.73s with launch control and 2.86s without.
So 10.70s (RacerX 1/4 mile time with 1ft rollout) + 0.14s (launch control) + 0.3s rollout + 0.09s (fat UK driver? uphill?) = 11.23s (Top Gear time). Mystery solved?
I'm sticking with my prediction that the Taycan Turbo S will do 10.3s on an actual drag strip.

Ok. That does seem like a possibility. I was confused by their publishing the old numbers where the 0-60 numbers matched.
Top Gear got 2.83s and RacerX22b got 2.73s with launch control and 2.86s without.
So 10.70s (RacerX 1/4 mile time with 1ft rollout) + 0.14s (launch control) + 0.3s rollout + 0.09s (fat UK driver? uphill?) = 11.23s (Top Gear time). Mystery solved?
I'm sticking with my prediction that the Taycan Turbo S will do 10.3s on an actual drag strip.

As fast as the GT2 RS :eek:

How do you know that version software includes the power boost? I am not doubting your claim to be clear. I don't follow the version iterations closely so I don't know what versions do what until I see the summary on the screen. I do know that my Raven Model S is not on the version though.

That was me, and it was on 2019.36.1. Happened to get the update the morning I was going to the strip anyway. No times from before the update, unfortunately - I just got the car.

Great. Can you put your car in range mode, don't use launch control, don't lower the suspension, don't let the battery completely preheat and see what results you get so that you can try to replicate TopGear's incompetence?

Can you turn off 1 foot rollout for 1/4 mile times in Dragy?

So I ran the test as requested...

81% SOC (TG claims they were at 85%)
Range Mode On
Driving mode = Ludicrous (No Ludicrous + or Ludicrous ++ Easter Egg)
No Launch Mode
Conditions were standard asphalt immediately following rain but road was dry
I couldn't figure out how to turn off the rollout for 1/4 mile

Screen Shots from Dragy and Vid from Dragy and vid from GoPro on dash all below.

Clearly - Top Gear is a bunch of idiots. They claim the best they got was 11.2xx when testing against the Taycan. I don't care how many math formulas you post up the results are the results. Is the Taycan a quicker car? That remains to be seen. But the numbers posted by TG are clearly flawed somehow.

IMG_B4A202ADB8AB-1.jpeg
IMG_D33A171092C4-1.jpeg

So I ran the test as requested...

81% SOC (TG claims they were at 85%)
Range Mode On
Driving mode = Ludicrous (No Ludicrous + or Ludicrous ++ Easter Egg)
No Launch Mode
Conditions were standard asphalt immediately following rain but road was dry
I couldn't figure out how to turn off the rollout for 1/4 mile

Screen Shots from Dragy and Vid from Dragy and vid from GoPro on dash all below.

Clearly - Top Gear is a bunch of idiots. They claim the best they got was 11.2xx when testing against the Taycan. I don't care how many math formulas you post up the results are the results. Is the Taycan a quicker car? That remains to be seen. But the numbers posted by TG are clearly flawed somehow.

View attachment 475112 View attachment 475113

Thanks. This matches their Raven time. Both the 0-60 and the 1/4 mile with the +0.3s.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark