Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree totally- wasn't disrespecting Porsche.
Just a bit cranky, tbh, that a Taycan is way more than double than what a top-end full-option Tesla costs here.
Depends on where you are I suppose, I was shocked to see that the Taycan here in Canada was "only" $140,000 for a mid-optioned 4S. A Model S starts around $100k, so the difference is there, but not as massive percentage wise. Comparing the price difference between say a 911 4S and the new Camaro, there is a bigger gap percentage wise.

Depends on where you are I suppose, I was shocked to see that the Taycan here in Canada was "only" $140,000 for a mid-optioned 4S. A Model S starts around $100k, so the difference is there, but not as massive percentage wise. Comparing the price difference between say a 911 4S and the new Camaro, there is a bigger gap percentage wise.
Yup - Australia is a bizarre place where Porsche adds a HUGE premium, the Government adds an extra tax on expensive cars as well.
So a Taycan Turbo S with ZERO options is 366K AUD. Mildly optioned-up, it's well over 400K. Put everything on it, it's well well over 500!!
A FULLY optioned Model S Dual Motor Performance is 183K!

Last edited:
Yup - Australia is a bizarre place where Porsche adds a HUGE premium, the Government adds an extra tax on expensive cars as well.
So a Taycan Turbo S with ZERO options is 366K AUD. Mildly optioned-up, it's well over 400K. Put everything on it, it's well well over 500!!
A FULLY optioned Model S Dual Motor Performance is 183K!
Damn, Aus really does have some crazy prices. I remember being there and some things just cost so much more than north America, even with the exchange rate. Especially gasoline. Also, I forgot my province recently added a luxury car tax of up to 25%, which hits the Taycan hard. That being said, I'm gonna switch my license in for one from a neighboring province that doesn't have such a brutal tax (and also much more reasonable insurance).

"Kyle takes the car out on our usual, highly consistent 70 mph loop-style range test. Not surprisingly, his results are much closer to the AMCI test than the EPA figure. In fact, he exceeds the AMCI estimated range, getting a whopping 293.3 miles on a single charge. The Taycan has beaten the odds yet again."