Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the way a BMW drives but will never buy an ICE version again. Too many mechanical failures. All under warranty: My E46 had failed cam and crank sensors at 8000 miles, M6 blew a turbo oil line around 17000 miles, Mini S actually had no issues, Mini S Works (engine by M sport group) had a failed clutch around 8k, grenaded engine around 10k, failed throttle body round 11k, I got it running long enough to trade in for an Audi.
All of this under warranty. I can't imagine driving an M without a factory warranty.

If you have to write a Taycan flag waving article to get the attention of Tesla fans, then Tesla is doing something right. More enthusiasts care about straight line performance than not, and more so on the street. Tesla knows that. They also give their cars good-enough suspensions to take better than average corners. Then there are the other advantages to owning a Tesla like the charging network and range for example.

Still, even if this clickbait article was to be taken seriously, an apples to apples comparison would have been to compare the Turbo S to the Plaid. And the Plaid's 9.2X @ 150+ quarter mile time would mean embarrassment for the Taycan on any road.

Last edited:
the taycan is a poor choice for a track car.
Just a couple.....

Reactions: bhzmark
Just a couple.....

that's great, now you as an unsupported owner take your taycan to a track and put it though it's paces. unless you trailer it you are not getting home. aside from the charging concerns the car is just too big and heavy for track days. the taycan is not the porsche that is a good choice for a track car.

• Disagree
Reactions: XLR82XS
Reactions: bhzmark

Are all Taycans built like this? Is this just that one Taycan or do all Taycans overheat after the length of the Nurburgring?