Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portable refrigerators for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The U.S. Kickstarter for the flush fit fridge is now live (link).

Looks nice but ... uh oh, big caveat according to one of the YouTubers who got the fridge early (link). It's only completely flush with Austin models. Apparently Fremont models have a slight inward bend on the right side of the subtrunk that prevents the fridge from seating flush. Ouch! I was going to preorder it, but not if it doesn't actually sit flush on my particular Model Y.

Based on this I would also question if the fridge sits flush in the 7 seater.

Otherwise, looks pretty nice. The vent placement makes a lot of sense.

Ouch! I was going to preorder it, but not if it doesn't actually sit flush on my particular Model Y.

Based on this I would also question if the fridge sits flush in the 7 seater.

You should just be able to ask the questions on the comments section and hopefully get an answer.

Maybe I’ll take a look next year. $400’ish or not I don’t feel like taking the Kickstarter burn risk again.

Last edited:
So these models are designed to work flush to the floor of the trunk without the cover?

And if it fits under the cover, how do they vent air?

Watch the manufacturer video on Kickstarter and YouTube influencer review video. Links to both a few posts up in #101.

Yes, there is space for venting while being flush and under cover. Videos are clearer than any text explanation.

20 quarts, a bit smaller, should fit just right. claims it only uses 1 kilowatt a day

bigger one, 35L, drops right in

Last edited:
Reactions: Misterbee
I have had the TesFridge for a while now since it released and it is pretty much perfect. It has the most room of any fridge and runs vastly better and more efficiently / evenly because of the proper venting.

Service was amazing too … I asked them about powering it off USB-C and they cobbled together a series of adapters and sold it to me at cost.

Highly recommended. We get so much mileage out of the fridge since we tend to do full day trips when we go out, and not quick back and forth runs to the grocery store.

I wouldn't do that; looks too tight front to back. There's no room for the air to escape from the condenser vents, based on where they're shown on the image and the measurements showing it fits with no gap. At best it'll be seriously lacking in cooling power; at worst you'll burn out the compressor in short order.

Unless you take it out of the sub-trunk to run it, and leave it unplugged, acting like an unpowered cooler, while it's in there.
I ran this fridge all summer of 23 and it was excellent! Always maintained temperature. I also used it as a freezer for a ski trip 2 weeks ago and it worked perfectly in the car , then in the chalet!!

For these big fridge models, can you still place the top cover on top of it when it is in operation?

My main concern is if I can place something relatively heavy in the trunk area when the fridge is occupied... Also, without the cover, small objects probably fall into small cracks between the fridge and the well...

Anyone with experience?

For these big fridge models, can you still place the top cover on top of it when it is in operation?

My main concern is if I can place something relatively heavy in the trunk area when the fridge is occupied... Also, without the cover, small objects probably fall into small cracks between the fridge and the well...

Anyone with experience?
the video shows them dropping the cover over it fine
as it does fit snugly in there, you have a legit concern over small objects falling into cracks