Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portion of Passenger Seat Heater on with no Indications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
The rear base of my empty passenger seat was apparently on full hot, as I could barely touch it. The back of the seat and the seat front were not hot. According to Climate Control and the Seat Heater buttons, nothing was on. I pressed the All Off button in the Climate seat heater section, and it turned off. I didn't check the rear seats, but the driver's seat wasn't on. The way I knew the passenger seat was hot was my wallet was in the seat and burning up when I picked it up. Any thoughts on the cause? Thanks for your input.

The rear base of my empty passenger seat was apparently on full hot, as I could barely touch it. The back of the seat and the seat front were not hot. According to Climate Control and the Seat Heater buttons, nothing was on. I pressed the All Off button in the Climate seat heater section, and it turned off. I didn't check the rear seats, but the driver's seat wasn't on. The way I knew the passenger seat was hot was my wallet was in the seat and burning up when I picked it up. Any thoughts on the cause? Thanks for your input.

It never hurts to start with a reboot.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Seat heater is on the canbus so it is likely a fault in the seat itself. I'd think that body controls would get a heartbeat or signal of some kind or just recognize that the seat is drawing power that is inconsistent with its current status. Anyway, that's how I'd code it.

Reactions: DerbyDave