TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Portland OR Delivery (June 20th)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by RunPDX80, Jun 21, 2018.

1. RunPDX80

RunPDX80 Member

Took delivery yesterday afternoon.

IMG_0940.jpg

They had 4 other deliveries all occurring simultaneously so the delivery bay was hot (as it was nearly 100F in Portland!) and crowded. The delivery was fairly smooth, albeit a bit too hastily rushed. Fit and finish get an A, only a couple of minor issues being resolved by a follow-up service appointment: where chrome trim 'peaks' on each C pillar there was residual paint, passenger side plastic mirror trim was bowed slightly out, and the most egregious appears to be a fingernail indentation right in the middle of the dash in front of the passenger.

IMG_0941.jpg

In any event, this car is way more than I could have ever imagined. I had test drove one a handful of months back for a brief time, however, when something is yours and you have the chance to spend a lot of time examining and driving... it's a whole different perspective.

Within about 37 miles the auto-pilot had calibrated and I was off to the races. The car negotiated freeway transitions, harrowing, but successfully. Amazing! However, I was cruising along and as I was approaching an overpass... BRAKES ENGAGED firmly and abruptly. I had read about this phenomenon a few weeks back and couldn't believe it. Well... believe it!

Other than the aforementioned, I am stoked. This car is an absolute game changer. It makes everything else look archaic. For those still waiting... keep the faith. I am a convert and a believer. This is the future!!!

IMG_0935.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  2. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Does anyone know how autopilot and systems like Honda’s lane keep assist differ?

Why is Tesla recently having the problems with the overpasses?

Also, congrats. I still can’t decide between white and MSM.

3. clove503

clove503 Member

Congrats!

Thats the same color/wheels and location I plan on taking my Model 3 delivery. I still am waiting for either the Portland or Washington Square location to get a M3 in so I can at least SIT in one. Although, I haven't called either in a couple weeks to see if they have one for show (I doubt it).

Cheers and enjoy!